need help saving

Discussion in 'Hints and Tips' started by pyropro, Oct 6, 2005.

1. pyropro

pyropro

When I save a logo using "save as" in the file menu, I get a script error. It is a director player error. #name not found. Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong?

2. Flotsom

Flotsom

Hi Pyropro,

Assuming that during the course of creating the logo you can't save you didn't get any earlier script errors, your problem is a bit of mystery. I tried several logos, going to save as first, and in each case it saved just fine. You could always try a fresh download and re-install ... be sure to find, and keep handy, your unlock key that you got when you first used your program, 'cause you'll be asked for it again with the fresh download.

If on the other hand, you have previously received a script error, that would be the problem. Once a script error is encountered my experience is that there is no way to do any future saves from that point forward. You can however continue working on the project, and export it, but no longer save it. So save as you go, and then you'll have something to fall back to if/when that nasty error shows up.

Hope this helps some,:D
    -Layne

3. KD-did

KD-did

As a rule I "save" first...so I have my tlc extension file. I have on occassions accidently double clicked and have gotten a dreaded error code.

4. dthur

dthur

cant open saved tlc files

I have created several logos, saved them as tlc files and now cant open them. Even though the files show they are TLC files, when I try to open them I get an error message saying the file is not recgonized. What do I do, Ireally need to get to these files?

5. KD-did

KD-did

What method did you try and open your TLC files? Did you start the program and choose to open a logo?

6. dthur

dthur

saving

Yes I opened the program, selected one of my logos in the file, double clicked on it. It showed the file I wanted and said that it was in TLC format but when I tried to open it the error message said that Logo Creator did not recgonize the file. Then I went straight to the folder in my c drive located the file which said it was in TLC format. When I double clicked on the file it brought up Logo Creator to open it but again the error meaasge said that Logo Creator did not recognize the file. Why would Logo Creator not recognize a file it saved that is inTLC format?

7. KD-did

KD-did

Try using just a single click to open instead of a double click.

8. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Opening a .tlc logo by double clicking

Hi Dthur.

Yes, this is a problem on some machines. I apologize for this - I'm working on a fix. A new version of The Logo Creator is just about ready!

In the meantime, launch The Logo Creator and choose OPEN from the FILE menu. This will open your .tlc logo.

Hope this helps some Dt!

- Marc

9. wbcole

wbcole

can't save layered, and TLC saves won't open

Hello,

I also cannot open the TLC files, using any method described in these forums. I started saving them as a JPEG so I could at least re-open them. But I don't know how to re-open a jpeg, or any logos saved to be able to --edit-- it.:helpnow:

Also, how do I save a logo in "layered version"?

Aside from this, the Logo Creator is awesome.

Thanks,

wbcole

10. KD-did

KD-did

I am not a MAC person...I was hoping that a MAC would step up because I know zip about Mac issues.You should be able to open a fully editable .tlc file under "File" and then clicking on "open logo" and retrieving it from where it is saved. A jpeg would be imported into TLC to open. Jpegs are not editable and to open outside of TLC you would have to have a graphic viewer.