Need help printing an ad.

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by gettagrip, Jun 25, 2007.

1. gettagrip

gettagrip

Hi,
    I created a design to use on a POS cardboard display. I'm having trouble printing a good clean copy. The image looks great on the computer screen but when printed, the black looks purple and there is spotting in the white background. I tried Staples and Office Max and the quality was very poor. My next step was to try a sign printing shop. This is not a big sign. It will fit on an 8.5"x11" piece of paper. I tried jpeg and pdf. Neither worked. What is the best way to get this printed so it looks clean and professional?

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. KD-did

KD-did

If it were me I would have it vectorized for the best possible results.

3. gettagrip

gettagrip

Thanks for your reply.
    I've used logo2vector for my logo and they were great. I was hoping to get this job done without that added expense. Is there any other way to "vectorize" an image?

4. Zipper

Zipper

See if this works... Set your canvas to 1600 px width x 2000 px height for portrait or 2000 px width x 1600 px height for landscape (modify + set canvas dimension) then design your POS sign, be sure to "save as" so you can go back if you need to edit it. Next go to "Export + set export resolution, and set it to 200 or 300 dpi and then save as a full size jpeg. Then try printing it. I do this and print on my printer and it comes out perfect.

Hope this helps...

5. gettagrip

gettagrip

Thanks, Zipper but my monitor is not that big. The largest I could get the canvas is 800x578. I did get a better picture by adjusting the color in Print Setup but there is room for improvement. Looking at it close up there are parts of it that are a wee bit fuzzy. I don't know if it's my printer or what. I'll keep playing with, do some research and see what happens.
    Thanks.

6. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Have you ever thought about ramping up your display? 1024 x 768 will gain you some room.

7. gettagrip

gettagrip

Thanks digger. I just did that and now I need a new pair of glasses ;-) Now my ad isn't printing at all. I think there is a problem with the program I'm using, Roxio PhotoSuite. Also, when I enlarge the canvas and then enlarge the ad the ad becomes too big and I have to make it smaller before exporting. That didn't produce good results either. I think I'm ok because I was pretty happy with the one I printed after adjusting the color in Print Setup. I have a lot to learn about this stuff and with two little boys running around it's hard to concentrate sometimes.
    Everybody's great here though. Thanks for all your help.