Need Help...no "UMP"

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by jdr14, Mar 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdr14

jdr14

Hello,

I bought this software to help me design a logo for our dispatch center. We dispatch for Police, Fire and EMS. We live in a small community in Alaska surrounded by mountains. We wanted a mountain picture in the logo. Would have liked a poice,fire and ems logo, but it looked to busy. He is what I have. Any suggestions?
    THanks

Attached Files:

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Searching for Photos and images

Hi JD.
    Welcome to the forum.

Nice images.

Yes, there was just no way to include every occupation known to mankind in The Logo Creator ... but we've made it easy to import images into it.

I'm hooking up with a great Photo/image search company:
    http://www.stockxpert.com

Most images can be purchased for $1 - $3.
    Search for "Police" or "Fireman" ... see what comes up.

You can then bring these images into The Logo Creator using the FILE > IMPORT menu.

Hope this helps!

Marc

3. jdr14

jdr14

Thanks Marc,

I love the program. I have lots of ideas for other uses for it. I am just having problems with creativity. ha I know I will get the perfect logo for our center! Thanks for the stockxpert site! I got the mountain from microsoft clipart site. I am not crazy about the picture, but like the sytle, I don't want a photo because I will be putting this on tee-shirts, letterhead etc..

Thanks again
    Jennifer

4. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Your off to a good start. One thing that sticks out to me the most is the shadow on Public Safety. I would remove that. I think the shadow it taking away from your design.

Again nice start to your design.

5. Topcatz

Topcatz Guest

Hi

Maybe leave the shadow, but try a bold white outline on letters? Keep us posted and welcome aboard......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.