Need help designing a Photography Business Logo

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by firemedic432, Jan 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firemedic432

firemedic432

I am in desperate need of coming up with a logo for my business. Some of the ideas are above but I am certainly not limiting you to the above. Anything creative will be considered. Thanks for any help

2. Buffbaud

Buffbaud

Here's my first attempt. The image represents a camera lens.

Attached Files:

3. firemedic432

firemedic432

Thanks for starting it out. I do like the logo. I'm not real keen on the color purple around the lens and the fonts might need a little changing to something a little more modern but it is a great start and certainly a neat concept. I would like to get some others in too but I really do like that idea with the camera lens concept. I will be in touch!:image28:

4. KD-did

KD-did

Going for a bit of drama in a concept.

5. firemedic432

firemedic432

Awesome shot! I really like it. One question, the last two designs, have used a lot of purple. I will have to check on my other monitor to see if it is purple or dark blue but sure appears purple. If we could change to dark blue, they would be awesome!

6. KD-did

KD-did

It is truer blue on my computer show again slightly revised and another concept.

7. Buffbaud

Buffbaud

Looks like a dark blue on my computer. I will shoot for a truer dark blue and change the fonts on my design.

8. KD-did

KD-did

Darker blue rendition and a greyscale

9. Buffbaud

Buffbaud

Is this better? I changed the font and made the area around the lens bluer.

Attached Files:

10. awalck

awalck Staff Member

Hey gang, some nice work there.

KD, I like the film strip and color choices, I also like the second set over the first, it's easier to read the name. The only thing I'd do is have smooth rings around the logo instead of the ruffled look. But, great job.

Buff, Nice work too, the last one has turned out nice, but the RQI is hard to read. I don't know if a solid color would work better? And the only other thing I would change is the lens flair (the brighter yellow spot) could be a little softer or more translucent so it doesn't stand out quite as much.

You both did some nice work. I wish I had time this week to take a stab at it. :) Keep up the good work. These are just my opinions on them if I were the customer...

Firemedic, how is the logo going to be used? commercial printing? web? business cards? embroidery? screen printing? just curious b/c it can make a big difference in how many colors or if gradients can be used. thanks,

11. KD-did

KD-did

Revised again .. new orb web safe blue

12. firemedic432

firemedic432

Allt he examples are really good. As far as how it is to be used, it will be used on my website, and on all my stationery and stuff. KD-did. I like the second logo set you did but I am not real keen on the ruffled border and tend to lean more towards the smooth border. I like the last attempt you did with the orb safe but I really like the lightning as that is one of my addictions to photograph in the summertime.

Buff, I like yours too but agree that the flare could be a little ess and the RQI a little more pronounced.

Awalck, I am not looking to make a decision immediately and if you are interested in giving a shot, I can wait until you have some time to work on it. Ultimately, my decision is really a recommedation anyhow. The Mrs. is going to have final approval. you all know how that is.

Thanks so much for what you have done so far. It is great and this will not be an easy decision.

Robb

13. KD-did

KD-did

I can make a smooth gold ring element easily enough but do you like the text in between the double ring example, as it is in single ring ... on top of the orb?

14. KD-did

KD-did

Revision of gold ring with both orb samples and 3rd choice for text. These samples are low rez and that causes the fuzziness. To me these samples have the shininess and drama.

15. awalck

awalck Staff Member

Hi KD, hey I liked the double ring better with the name between the rings, so what if you did the shiny ring for the outer ring and just a solid line for the inside ring? - like a lens would have a focus ring or something. Also, I noticed the R & Q line up over a film frame (don't know if it was planned or not), but the "I" isn't - see if you can bump it left a little - I like that look. Of course, this is just my opinion as a fellow designer - I'm not the client. I just love this logo stuff though! :) Keep up the great work. Have a great afternoon.

16. KD-did

KD-did

It was done on purpose to play up on the bend in the film strip and to make it appear more dimensional and not so flat in appearance. I skipped a frame so the I didn't get lost next to the Q...I find it necessary to sometimes to exaggerate an element to get it to appear more balanced when it is going to be resized smaller for printing or for use on a website.

17. awalck

awalck Staff Member

Gottcha! Nice work.

18. Buffbaud

Buffbaud

How's this?

Attached Files:

19. KD-did

KD-did

Side by side smooth circle

20. wildcow

wildcow

Here's my work i know it's not as good as the others but i guess you just never know.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.