Need Client Directories

Discussion in 'Wish list for future releases' started by gunsmoke, Mar 11, 2014.

1. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Right now, when you save a template in 'My Templates' they are all grouped together. Can you add an option (or did I miss something) to save templates to a specific group or folder (not the desktop) and have the ability to 'load' from these folders too?

Reason is, business is booming! (Thanks to this great software) I have more and more clients signing up and I create many 'versions' of a logo before we decide on one. Well I don't want to delete all the versions I don't use because I've had several clients change their minds. Go figure!

So, would be nice if we could save/load to/from specific client folders.

Does this make sense to anyone else ??

2. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Absolutely it makes sense, I also know this area extremely well... grab onto the rope really tight becaouse you're in for a ride!

1. You can save your working logos anywhere you choose: external hard drives, usb drives, or simply unique folders you create on your one single hard drive.
    1a. You probably will want to create a folder on your desktop and label it "my working logos"

2. BEWARE: When you save a working logo to a unique folder you really have to navigate to (other than the default locations) YOU WILL NOT SEE THE LOGO'S TEMPLATE in the MY TEMPLATES pull down menu.

3. When you save a working logo to a unique location the logo creator save all of the logos' files into one folder which is given the name of the logo. "SAVE A VERSION" WILL BECOME YOUR BEST FRIEND WHEN SAVING TO UNIQUE LOCATIONS!.

4. When you want to work on a logo you've save in a unique location you NAVIGATE ONLY TO THE FOLDER WITH THE NAME OF THE LOGO YOU wanna work on.

The attachment is from version 6.8 of the logo creator. Slide1.JPG

5. FILE > OPEN TEMPLATE > SELECT FOLDER. That's it, do not navigate any deeper into the file structure.

3. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

These are the default locations in version 6.6 of The logo Creator that you could save working logos in. Version 6.8 makes it much easier to save logos where ever you want.

Slide1.JPG

4. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

This is how you save to a unique location in version 6.0. You select the SAVE AS, then navigate to where ever.

NOW FOR THE BIGGEST SUGGESTION: Always regularly back up your stuff to an external source, or another hard drive. I have a thumb drive that I only put all my laughing bird stuff on: ALL my original downloads, the Laughingbird Documents directory, My custom save folder, etc.... trust me, it will save you lots of trouble. I back up my laughing bird documents folder every couple of weeks.

saveas.JPG

5. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Okay, I can work with that. When am I going to be able to upgrade from 6.6 to 6.8? If it's available now, I didn't get the memo.

6. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

As an admin, moderator, I get the new stuff early to get familiar with it. The 6.8 upgrade will hit the street next week.

Here is a great link to many video tutorials: http://laughingbirdsoftware.com/software-tutorials/

gunsmoke and KD-did like this.