1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Need Buttons to go to New Window

Discussion in 'Web Graphics Creator' started by DoxAdon, Apr 4, 2008.

1. DoxAdon

DoxAdon

I know I've seen this in here before, but it's long-buried.

We really need the ability to have button URLs open in a new window (option).

Thanks!

Scott <><

2. gordon31

gordon31

I don't know if this helps. I googled "opening a new window in html" a couple of weeks ago and was directed to a number of solutions.

Java was involved in some of them. This doesn't suit me just now because because some business prospects block java scripts completely.

I read that opening a new window on a link click is discouraged, and an html command to do with this is no longer available. Personally I like new windows opening, particularly with Mozilla tabs. I can click between them easily - much better than back of forward buttons. Anyway, let me know what solution you choose.

Regards, Gordon

3. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

Maybe this works:
    the html tag for opening new window:
    <a href = "http://www.helmij.nl" target="_blank"> (replace blank for self to open link in same window)
    Html doesn't open a new tab though for that,
    firefox users need to set the preferences of firefoxunder to:
    extra > options > tabs > mark; force links to open new tab
    (translated from my dutch firefox so not sure if this is correct)

MD

4. gordon31

gordon31

I've just been trying the solution listed by MD and it worked fine with Explorer and Mozilla. My full setting was as MDs plus a bit at the end -
    <a href....._blank>Click here</a> 'Click here' is the equivalent of your button i.e. a user clicks on it and a new window opens.

My Mozilla firefox has the setting tools> Options> Tabs, then press the 'a new tab' button

Regards, Gordon

5. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

So it worked?
    Cool!
    MD

6. Ohiosweetie

Ohiosweetie

you're surprised?? LOL