Need brutally honest feedback please

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator Gallery' started by pNm, Aug 29, 2004.

1. pNm

pNm

It has been a while since I was on the boards. Since that time I have lost my log in information hence the new account. First, please give me your best and worst feedback. If you have a few minutes, I am really looking for some indepth criticisim.

On a second note, any ideas on how to get the edges rounded?

Thank you all for your time!

Attached Files:

2. pNm

pNm

another format

Attached Files:

3. KD-did

KD-did

I remember the name PnM, you were xplow . This new logo is VERY formal and VERY classy.

4. pNm

pNm

Thanks dump. :6:

Yep, that was me.

Any ideas on how to round the corners? I an do it in publisher, but was wondering if there was a way in TLC?

5. KD-did

KD-did

I am not aware of any way to round the corners in TLC.

Have you tried doing the same logo in gold instead of silver?

BTW it was your company name that made me remember who you were. That made me think of that beautiful picture of you and your wife in Hawaii.

6. pNm

pNm

Thank you Katie!

Check out our site. We have a few other pictures now

www.picturesNmotion.com

I have been playing with it trying to get more colors. For some odd reason I keep coming back to Black white and sliver?

Attached Files:

7. KD-did

KD-did

For a work around you could always use a basic shape button dingdat for your outside shape . There are several dingbats that have rectangles with rounded edges. In fact there is a basic shape dingbat in TLC in embedded fonts but it lacks a rectangle with rounded corners.

I haven't mastered the art of metallic coloring in TLC so I would hae to do it with another program.

8. LogoManiac

LogoManiac

It looks pretty good in gold as well but you might have to play with
    the lighting to keep it from overtaking some of the text. :D

9. pNm

pNm

Thank you both for your help.

Question, how did you recreate the logo? If you didn't did you just take the saved file and change the color? If you did how did you do that?

10. KD-did

KD-did

pnm, if he did what I think he did..al that was needed was to rt clip,save and put into TLC.Remove white background choose color from metalic colors wala..

11. pNm

pNm

TLC will not let me open it. It says, this is not a TLC document? Any suggestions?

12. KD-did

KD-did

Do you have the original in TLC? If you don't then you will need to import it into TLC. Remove white backing Then it will be a simple matter of color change.

13. LogoManiac

LogoManiac

Yup, Katie knows exactly what I did.

I saved your image from the top of the post (pNm logo 3.jpg) to my harddrive.
    Then I just IMPORT IMAGE from the menu, remove white backing, and colorize...viola!

All the colorize does is add a colored mask to any valid objects on the canvas. Very easy to do quick experimentation this way to see what something will look like in a different tone. When you see something you like, just export to your image format of choice. :;yessir: