Name that font!

Discussion in 'Logo Designs' started by Skitzo, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Skitzo

Skitzo

Hey all,

I was working on a t-shirt design for the school where I work - I am going to buy a $10 vector graphic and then drop ACTON BEARCATS over it. So I contacted the place I am going to buy the graphic from and one of the artists e-mailed me and said "Hey, it could look like THIS" and showed me a cool little mockup. He dropped the lettering on for me - but now instead of $10 they want $150 because he "altered it". It looks really good though...

Soooo... can anyone identify this font he used?

Attached Files:

2. KD-did

KD-did

Off the top of my head I would say it looks a lot like free font called "Blackletter". It would be considered a Medieval Gothic style on most font sites.

3. Skitzo

Skitzo

thanks - kD: I'll go see if I can find it later tonight. It's all vector stuff so I'm new to it.

4. KD-did

KD-did

Fonts and dingbats are vectors.

Here is a link to the font because there is at least one by the same name by a different font foundry. The font is both upper and lower case.
    http://www.dafont.com/blackletter-ds.font

5. Skitzo

Skitzo

I looked all over for it and then I went on dafont to search and decided to reread your post - there it was! You're good!! So, while I work on the mockups I've decided to research screeners - it's about $50 a colour!! So the setup fee itself is going to be $150 PLUS the shirts etc. Hmmmmm...

6. KD-did

KD-did

I am glad that I was able to help. Consider using a local screener... as they maybe willing help the school to cut the cost with set up expenses and as a local business it gives you have more control over the quality of your product. The school could offer a trade of ' setup' services for advertising in the yearbooks,in the form of a public "thank you" on/in the school's newspaper, flyers and any printed materials that go home from the school etc. Never under estimate the power of going to your local newspaper to do an article on the school, the local business that helped with the project especially if it is used as a fund raiser.