My template

Discussion in 'The Creator 7 Bundle' started by Klaus, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Klaus

Klaus

Hello,
    In my template, if I want to open one existing template I do have to click on another template, I uploaded a picture because it is easier for me to explain it...

On the picture if I want to open the template with the green arrow, I have to click on the template with the red arrow...

Any idea how to correct this?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Hey Klaus, we've seen this unusual problem before! It's happened to almost all of us at one time or another. Used to think it was having over 99 templates in one directory. That may still cause a problem. But the majority of problems seem to be caused by a corrupted template somewhere in your template directory. Figuring out which one can be a problem.

I'm not sure how many templates you have, or if you work with all of them on a regular basis.

Best way to beat this problem is to simply avoid it! Rename your My Template directory, to something like 'My Templates 1', then restart TC and let it create a new template directory. The old templates will still be available to you! When you start TC you have a drop down list on bottom left of the screen where you select a 'Template Directory' to work with. This is not your 'working' directory. You can select 'My Templates 1' or whatever you named your directory and all your templates will show. When you open one though, and then close it, it will ask you to 'name' the template because it will be saving to your NEW My Templates directory.

The only other solution I can offer, is a lengthy one. That is to go through your templates 1 by 1 until you find the culprit.

I myself now have about 15 'My Template' directories, though not because of this problem.
    I create a directory for every client I have and store templates for logos, headers, whatever, in that client directory.
    This keeps me from having too many templates in one directory. It will not solve your problem if you get a corrupted template! That is still a problem without a real solution.

Either way you go, good luck.

Someone else may pop in with a better answer, but I haven't found one.

snginc, Klaus and KD-did like this.
  3. KD-did

KD-did

Look in your My Templates file....you may have a fie you are not seeing because of its name which is there and makes an opening of an incorrect. I had a file with a (*) star in its name and it did NOT show . (Possibly other non-numerical/alphabet characters can cause issues.) It did not show among My Templates files and when I choose a template to open another one was called to the screen.

Renaming or Saving AS can cause the characters a) not to show or b) be/called an invalid template name. The process of saving doesn't seem to prevent the use of the star when naming a file.
    I have seen a saved file but can NOT be opened because it has a INVALID file name
    invalid.png

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    snginc, Klaus and gcuneo2 like this.
  4. Klaus

Klaus

Hello,

Thanks for your reply... in fact like you said, I had a file called " -80% ", I renamed it, and everything seems to be ok now...

Thanks again.

Klaus

snginc, KD-did and gunsmoke like this.
  5. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Hey Klaus,

THANK You! For posting back and letting us know. It really helps other users to know when something actually works. So, thank you!

snginc likes this.
  6. KD-did

KD-did

I am thrilled your issue got solved and how you posted what you did that re-solved your issue.

snginc and gunsmoke like this.