My New Logo

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator Gallery' started by blackknight, Sep 30, 2004.

1. blackknight

blackknight

What is your opinion people? Can you see any improvements or is it ok? I was trying to achieve a classy look. Thanks for the previous advice on how to make it fit so I could do this attachment. This is not my first logo but I was happy so for with what I have been able to do. I have a question: I suppose that the members use this program for all kinds of projects and not just logos. Does anyone use this for sign applications? And does anyone know where I may have a source for sign board shapes of all kinds. Also, on another logo program (no where near as nice as tlc) I notice they have hundreds of general shapes and outlines for creating logos where I could see this adding value to the tlc set. Does anyone have any ideas on any of the above? Thanks, Greg

Attached Files:

2. LogoManiac

LogoManiac

BK.... if the images from the other program are generally recognizable image formats, like BMP JPG GIF PNG etc..., then you should have no problem importing them into TLC via the File->Import function from the TLC menu bar. If they are a proprietary format, I am sure it will let you export to a known format and then you can import into TLC.

3. KD-did

KD-did

The other program uses dingbats for all their images. You can download dingbats free and install them into your operating systems font files.

4. blackknight

blackknight

where do I get "dingbats and how do I load them into my tlc font system. Sorry, alot of this tech stuff is new to me and I don't quite understand but I am having fun learning, Again, Thanks
    Greg

5. KD-did

KD-did

You find dingbats on sites for downloading fonts like
    http://www.typenow.net/
    http://www.dafont.com/en/
    http://www.fontfreak.com/index2.htm
    http://www.eknp.com/fonts/a1.php

Basicall you download, unzip and move or copy into the font file under your operating system (WIN or Mac), for use in TLC. They will appear in the SYSTEM FONTS .

To use the dingbats you would proceed as if adding new text..it doesn't take very long to figure out what letter makes what image. You can download a font viewer which can help you figure out what letter in either upper or lower case triggers what image.

6. maryann

maryann

I also got some from dinbatdepot.com - they have theirs sorted by category, as in people, animals, business, etc.

So that I would not have to guess at what I was looking for, I opened a Word document, and chose a dingbat font and started typing A to Z...
    Then, after it was printed, I put the corresponding letters under the dingbat, so I could easily check to see what letter corresponded to each dingbat.

I just love using those dingbats,... thanks Katie for an earlier post in which you mentioned them.... I created a CareBear one with a balloon that I put text into... it's really cute (although I have no idea what to do with it, but it was practice for me).

By the way, I initially downloaded the trial for that other logo creator... I ended up with TLC because the other one would not let me make transparent gifs, nor could I import my own graphics.... So glad I found TLC.. :banana

7. KD-did

KD-did

They really are great. It is nice to have images that are clean from the get go and don't need a photo editor to clean up when layered with other images.

One thing you could use it for is making gift cards, you can get sheets of static plastic film made for decorating windows which you would put into your printer and make sun catchers or even holiday designs. You can even make decals for hobbies, and arts and crafts.

I have even used TLC to design e-mail stationery that I use with my Incredimail:D

8. blackknight

blackknight

another version

just fooling around to see what I could do. This is fun
    Greg

Attached Files:

9. Jim B

Jim B

Hi Black Knight, I have used tlc to successfully create banners. Here is one of my first attempts.

[​IMG]

What do ya'll think - do I pass?

10. blackknight

blackknight

You more than passed. It's fun isn't it Jim.
    Got any more stuff. Would like to see what else you can do. Keep up the good stuff.

11. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Looking good Jim. Show us some more. You passed with flying colors.:Painting:

12. Jim B

Jim B

13. Jim B

Jim B

how do you guys put your logos in here?
    I have seen where everyone puts a small pic and it is clickable to enlarge.
    Let me know and I will show more.:banasplit

Jim B

14. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

try this....

JimB hit the "go advance" button, then scroll down to a button called "manage attachment" from there you can upload your work. I think 150k is the limit, not sure. :goodluck

15. blackknight

blackknight

from what I understand is that if you save your image as a png that it is best and your image has to be a maximum of 105 pixels for your image to go in the forum page for viewing. If the image is too large, go to export, press png then go to the corner of the canvas and shrink it down a bit but do it slowly and keep the image true to its proportions and then press save when the little box comes up and that will adjust to the pixel size you need for posting images in the forum. Good luck, Hope that helps.

PS.. One more thing... I would suggest posting in the galleries. Marc has just created a new thing where you can put all of your work in one place like a photo album and that is better than having your images scattered all over the place which makes them hard to find.
    Greg

16. Jim B

Jim B

Hey guys,
    can we make icons
    54 X 25
    the smallest I can get is 115 X 40
    any workarounds???:help2a:

17. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Hey Jim try this program. It is free. It is an image converter and it does icon to. The size you have listed above is really small. But I hope this helps. Oh yeah this program lets you pick you size to. So have fun.

Click Here to get it! You will leave this forum.

18. Jim B

Jim B

Thanks Mac27 - I'll check it out!:banana

19. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

greg look at this image i found of a black night,i cleaned it up and had a little play with it hope you dont mind
    [​IMG]

20. Chris

Chris Staff Member

:WOW1: Man that is an awesome pic of a black night.