My logo prints fuzzy

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by Rand, Mar 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rand

Rand

Help, Anyone:

My logo prints fuzzy. I have exported it at 300 dpi as a tiff, as well as other formats and it always prints fuzzy.
    Why is that? The maddening thing is that the logo prints great if I do it thru Print Letterhead from the File Menu bar.
    I'm working on an iMac OS X 10.3 Panther.

Any ideas?

2. cybrnetico

cybrnetico Staff Member

i wonder

what mac program are you using to print the logo? just to get an idea?

3. Rand

Rand

AppleWorks, PhotoShop Elements

Hi Cybernetico:
    Thanks for replying.
    I work on an iMac OS X 10.3 Panther.
    I'm using AppleWorks and, or, PhotoShop Elements.
    Neither program prints clearly.
    In fact if I open the logo on my desktop and print directly from there, it's still very fuzzy. It's even fuzzy to the ***** eye.
    I don't know if I'm exporting it properly from LogoCreator.
    The funny thing is the logo prints beautifully from the "Print Letterhead" command from the file menu.
    It prints fuzzy (pixilated) any other time.
    Do you have a step by step procedure for exporting your logo's that you use that I could try?
    Thanx
    Rand

4. KD-did

KD-did

Rand, I am not a MAC user but I can tell you that sometimes that the program used to print letterheads and business cards can make a huge difference in the quality of the print. When printing from another program check and see if you are set at the highest print quality for the printer.

I just noticed that my new printer which also prints photos doesn't have the color intensity that my previous printer had. My previous printer had different print head and ink cartridges for photo and general use and my new printer uses the same cartridges and printhead for both. A little research gave me some information I didn't know before...photo ink cartridges usually have different opacity than general use cartridges.........

5. Rand

Rand

Hi:
    Yah, I thought it might be the printer, too. But my printer prints the logo beautifully from the "Print Letterhead" command from the File Menu.
    So I don't think it's the printer, I think it must be how I'm exporting the logo from TLC.
    It's driving me around the bend. I can't seem to get the same beautiful results that I get when I print from TLC. :(

6. KD-did

KD-did

MY point that got lost is the quality default may be preset by the program check the printers settings.

7. Rand

Rand

I'll try that right now.
    Cross your fingers.

8. Rand

Rand

Thanks to everyone.
    The problem was a little bit of "The Printer" setup and a little bit of "PhotoshopElements" setup.
    I think the crossing of the fingers, and the help of you all, is what really worked.
    Thanks again everybody.
    When I have the logo ready for my client, I'll share it with you all.
    Thanx
    Rand

9. KD-did

KD-did

You might find adding a program for just printing letterhead and business cards a big help in solving problems and for preventing problems because you can pick the cardstock templates.

10. Rand

Rand

Thanks Katie, I'll try that.

Rand

11. KD-did

KD-did

12. Rand

Rand

Thanks Katie, I will.
    I relly appreciate all your help.
    Thanx
    Rand