My Logo Is Frustrating Me... HELP

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator Gallery' started by Chrisf, Jul 10, 2004.

1. Chrisf

Chrisf

the name is my company is Chris Fry Consulting Inc.
    the tag line is Technology Solutions. as you can tell I am not
    really that marketing savvy. anyways I created this logo and am
    stumped on what to do next to include the other information ....do I need to include the other information ... or should I just add the web address... I am confused on what to do next.

2. Chrisf

Chrisf

Click on the image to see what it is supposed to look like.

Thank you

3. jamirae

jamirae

very cool design, Chris. With something like this you can use it stand alone or with your company name. Kind of like the Nike Swoosh. you can put your name under it or to the side, I think it may depend on what you are using the logo on. For instance, on business cards, you can simply put that logo/design in the corner, with your business name and your name elsewhere on the card. On the main page of a website, you'll want to be sure to put the design close to your company name so that people will right away start associating the logo/design with your company. On subsequent pages (inside your website) you can simply use the design, since people should already know the company name. I sort of did that on my site, maybe it will give you an idea. The main page has the logo large with the URL incoporated into it. Then the subsequent pages just have the design and my company name across the top. here's the link... www.webimaj.com. But check around the gallery and at the sample TLC designs, I'm sure you'll come up with some great ideas on how to use your logo/design.

4. premedboy

premedboy

It happens to all of us:

Hey don't worry. I think I went through several changes before I got it just right. Depending on your product and customer base, will reflect your logo. Perhaps the back ground is a bit too dark, and a lighter color will bring out your logo. There are many talent people here, they are like family and I know they will also have helpful tips as well.

Good luck

www.thebabywhisper.com

5. KD-did

KD-did

All you need is a little pizazz..Maybe something like this

6. Chrisf

Chrisf

I like the looks of it basic but gets the point accross.... maybe I will put in Technology Consulting and that will explain it more...or do you think that will be too busy.

7. Chrisf

Chrisf

Thank you ...but to see the logo as it is, please click on it..the backround is actually white.

8. KD-did

KD-did

Chris, to put pizazz in..you can use any of the elements in TLC or import any you really like. That is the good thing about black lettering.

9. jamirae

jamirae

add a bit to it..

I think you need to put the name of the company with it at some point. the symbol/design you created is great, but your company name cannot really be read if that is all you see at first.

Here's a quick example... very quick... but just wanted to show you what I was meaning. Probably not the colors or design you want, but in this example you could use the design with the orb (or whatever background you want to use or not) alone on some things, but you can also add your company name and tagline as well when needed to actually identify what the design stands for.

-Jami

10. KD-did

KD-did

jamirae, you did a better job explaining what I meant than I did. :35:

11. Chrisf

Chrisf

Jami

I see what you mean now.... Katie thank you... looks like the best thing for me is to keep plugging away at it and maybe buy a couple of the add-on modules to continue the design?

12. Chrisf

Chrisf

Please do not laugh....

I took some of your advise....
    Does this look too busy? I know that it needs some work but keep in mind that I am a rookie....

13. KD-did

KD-did

Chris, you are off to a very good start. Try moving black lettering down a bit and over so the Y's tail is in the space where the dot is. Your design is getting there but it is a little off balance.

What font are you using?

14. jamirae

jamirae

yes, Chris, great start!! I'd either remove the tag line or put it below your company name. I wouldnt put anything over the cool logo symbol you created. That needs to stand out on it's own, in my opinion. :)

You've difinitely got it going now. you just need to move the pieces around more like Katie said to get it more into balance.

15. GraphiXcode

GraphiXcode

Here's just an idea. I watermarked the CFry you had in the background and layered it with the company name and slogan..... hope you like it!

16. Chrisf

Chrisf

Thank you all...!!

I wanted to say thank you to everyone for their ideas ... I really appreciate all the input and suggestions.

I am not sure but I think that I may have found it .... what do you professionals think?

17. KD-did

KD-did

Very attractive.

18. jamirae

jamirae

Looks really great! although I think the thick swoosh at the bottom might take away a bit from the rest of the logo.. either that or the shadow under the design... I think maybe one or the other but not both.

really great job! clean and professional looking.

19. Chrisf

Chrisf

Better Font?

Thank you Jami

Something like this? What do you think about the font? Can you suggest a better one?

20. jamirae

jamirae

oh yeah! that looks awesome! love the font you changed to.. very "techy" looking. :)