my first stab at it...

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator Gallery' started by 3DS, Sep 20, 2007.

1. 3DS

3DS

my first stab at it...:bancha:

Attached Files:

2. KD-did

KD-did

Very well done.

3. BWC

BWC

Hi there . . . are you looking for help or are you happy with the way it is now?
    By the way . . . what does it say?

4. 3DS

3DS

Thanx KD. No I wasn't looking for any help, but thanx anyways BWC. Yes I'm very happy with it, it's quite simple & to the point, and it's already a 'done deal'.

There will be more opportunities to update it in the future also. No worries here.

5. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Beautiful job 3DS!
    Looks like you've spent a good deal of time on the logo.

Nice work.

6. 3DS

3DS

Thanx Laughingbird. Nah, it didn't take me too long at all. I actually spent more time choosing & editing the icon in the logo, lol.

The icon was taken from an actual gift item from the company's real full line of merchandise. I found that it was colorful, playful and whimsical, catchy, festive...all wrapped up into one. It even matched the company name & slogan because the icon also had a gift in it - even more perfect!

After cutting it out in photoshop (eliminating the background), I was able to import it as a separate layer into TLC. Then I was able to spend more time on the design and composition of my logo. TLC saved me a buncha time with all it's available elements to use.

Thanx again.

7. prototype66

prototype66

Mind if I pick your brain for a minute?
    What effects did you use on the main title fonts? The reflective value and 2d effects look great.

8. Peart2112

Peart2112

excellent!!

9. 3DS

3DS

Thanx guys.

I was lucky the artist that created this particular font in photoshop, used a "sun flare" filter effect, along with other various ones like emboss, highlight, drop shadow & inner shadow, and maybe an inner/outer glow. These used in combination help make a 2d object "pop" off the page. I also noticed that a sun flare was only used on the vowels.

Makes sense, because it would look a little odd to see them on every letter in your design. You kinda want to use a sunflare sparingly, because you are trying to mimic the effect of a camera lens in certain situations in the real world - and you would basically see only one in the real world under normal conditions.

All I could do with TLC to help accentuate this sunflare (and all the other font efx) was to use the gradient and play with some of its adjustments. Here's what I did:

-chose that particular font,
    -choose color>gradient,
    -start w/ linear efx,
    -pick 2 contrasting (opposite in lightness/darkness) colors from palette; the more lighter & darker, the better,
    -choose #2 from Number of Cycles efx,
    -the change to radial efx,

-you will then see the gradient change from "top to bottom" to a circular effect from "inside radiating out". This will add to the efx already in the font, and also makes the font radiate with the edges darker.

Happy logo making!

p.s. - if any of you have photoshop, you may use many of the efx mentioned above to your fonts, save as .pngs then import them into your TLC "alphabet" folder to use in your designs.