My first Logo and Hello

Discussion in 'Logo Designs' started by crux, Mar 9, 2008.

1. crux

crux

First off let me say you guys do excellent work here on these forums and logo creator is an excellent piece of software.

This is my first logo I've done (I produce music), and I wanted to go for a simpler but memorable approach. Please leave Feedback.

-M

Attached Files:

2. crosspi

crosspi

M-
    It looks great to me. I tend to lean more to the 1st one with the black background. I love the way you made the symbol resemble the "C" in Crux and the bottom part an "M" for Muzic.

I just wish I could get creative with mine. Not having much luck with creativity right now.

God speed,
    Kimberly

3. awalck

awalck Staff Member

Welcome to the forum M!
    Nice looking logo. Very crisp and clean looking. If you have time, explain more about the design in the middle, like your thought process behind it, etc. Just curious.

I like your logo - great start!! Welcome to the 'family'. :)

4. crux

crux

thank you for the feedback. well I really didn't want to change my original logo my friend made for me, but after trying to get the page on myspace music, I had to change the "s" in "music" to a "z" and it screwed everything up. I used a blank canvas to start. As far as the actual shapes in the logo, thats just a font I found online (looks like vector art), made the "C" and the "M" and stacked them, and put the text on the side. I had to separate the lettering to have the "slashed" "X" and "Z", so obliviously I had to group the "cru" , "mu", and "ic" all together seperately, and then eye everything to line it up (PLEASE tell me there is a grid function in LC so you can line things up correctly). Also, how do you import your own images into LC?

Crosspi: blocks happen, all you can do is just step away and regroup. Try looking at logo's currently being used in the industry your in (google image search) to see trends and patterns (ie al fast food resturants using red, yellow, orange, and white..........induces huger) and go from there.

-M

5. crux

crux

PS- I did the white one mainly for tshirt printing on other backgrounds than black, but I agree the black one looks waaaaaaaaay nicer

-M

6. awalck

awalck Staff Member

Thanks for the explanation. I love to hear how people come up with logos. Isn't it fun?

There is no grid, but the easiest way to line up elements is to add a line to the logo to "line" things up (pardon the pun). :) To add an easy line, type 5-6 underscores "_______" (shift+hyphen) to your logo, select FORMAT, then SCALE it the desired length you want. Align your elements on it or beside it, then delete the line or you can "hide" it (CTRL+H), in case you need it later.

To add your own artwork or images, click FILE, then IMPORT IMAGE.

Don't hesitate to ask for help - that's what we are here for. :)

7. crux

crux

man this thing is addicting. I just made another logo for my fiances airbrush makeup business.

-M

Attached Files:

8. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

Nice one mate!
    MD

9. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

Here are a couple of grids, you can import them into TLC (transp. .png) and use as guidlines in your design, don't forget to delete or hide the grid (see awalcks post) before you export your design.
    Hope this helps.
    :image31:MD

Attached Files:

10. crux

crux

Double Post

11. crux

crux

Thank you so much MD......they will be put to use. Another 2 questions, when I save my design to transparent gif, I tried to open it in Paint Shop Pro X, and it was not transparent, the white (or black) background stayed. Was it something I did? Also when I save a project file or a template, I can not re-open it at a later date.

-M

12. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

try saving as a transparent png that should work fine:image28:

13. crux

crux

Okay so I redid it my logo one more time....tell me what you think

-M

Attached Files:

14. awalck

awalck Staff Member

Nice, but the font at the bottom is really hard to read.

15. crux

crux

i thought it look nice......
    But the logo okay?

-M

16. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

I like it, i have no problem with the readability of the text, the font goes well with the design and suits the music branch, just make it larger to improve readability (i really don't get to use the word readability often enough...)
    One potential problem though... doesn't the X in CRUX remind you of another pretty well known symbol?...
    :image31:MD

17. crux

crux

MD: thank you for noting that (hehehe good thing I'm black lol), but after reading the meaning, i do feel a little better
    The word swastika is derived from the Sanskrit svastika (in Devanagari, स्वस्तिक), meaning any lucky or auspicious object, and in particular a mark made on persons and things to denote good luck. It is composed of su- (cognate with Greek ευ-, eu-), meaning "good, well" and asti, a verbal abstract to the root as "to be" (cognate with the Romance copula, coming ultimately from the Proto-Indo European root *h1es-); svasti thus means "well-being." The suffix -ka intensifies the verbal meaning or confers the sense of 'beneficial', and svastika might thus be translated literally as "that which associated with well-being," corresponding to "lucky charm" or "thing that is auspicious."[1] The word first appears in the Classical Sanskrit (in the Ramayana and Mahabharata epics).

But I did have a MAJOR "oh s**t!!" moment there

Also I agree there are some words you never get to use, so when can you have to use it repeatedly.

-M