My first Font ever created

Discussion in 'FUN and Sharing Forum for Non-Creator stuff' started by Chris, Feb 4, 2006.

1. Chris

Chris Staff Member

OK hello everyone. I have gotten into designing fonts. First off let me tell you it is a whole new world, a hard one at that. I have finished my first font. I call it:

SD Handwriting- (The SD is for Sogol Designs)

I am posting a screen shot of it here. Please give me some feed back. Oh yeah watch out because I am gonna start designing some ding bats, but one step at a time. :)

P.S. The font is suppose to be my handwriting, but my handwriting looks allot nicer on paper. LOL............

Attached Files:

2. Chris

Chris Staff Member

OK I am actually gonna post a ding bat that I am working on. It is still in the works, but here is what I have so far..............

Attached Files:

3. D RAT2

D RAT2

Good Job! So are you going to offer your fonts to the public?

4. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Thanks D-Rat..............

Yes, once I get some more practice in I plan on offering them to the public.

I will take some ideas on ding bats from anyone that has some.............

5. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Here are some more of the ding bat font I am working on. I dont know if I will let this be all for this one or add more later.

Attached Files:

6. Chris

Chris Staff Member

OK here is a wood sign dingbat that I designed today. I also have a sign made with the dingbats. I used the dingbat font in TLC and this is what I came up with. TLC and a dingbat and I think it turned out pretty good.

Attached Files:

7. Chris

Chris Staff Member

OK here is my first font that I am posting for everyone to use. Please use it and let me know if you run into any problems with it. I need feedback on it, Please......

I do not know if this one has been designed or not but here it is anyways. (If you find this font somewhere and it looks exactly the same please let me know so I can remove it)

I hope everyone can use it. Right now it is only for Windows PC's, sorry mac users. One thing at a time. :)

Moved here:

Free Fonts by mac27

**This link just takes you to another post in this forum......

Attached Files:

8. D RAT2

D RAT2

Here's a easy five second logo using your font..

9. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Hey kool, thanks for sharing D-rat.........

10. Chris

Chris Staff Member

OK I was goofing off and designed a box for my New font. Did it kinda quick.

11. D RAT2

D RAT2

That's pretty cool! I love the eCover Creator Boxes, and I will buy a copy once things are ironed out. It really makes everything look nice..:Painting:

12. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Yes I completely agree D-rat. I love it. It makes displaying items allot nicer. I plan on a complete font collection, and I will make a 3D Cd for the display of the collection.

As far as waiting till it is ironed out, I have not had any issues with it since I have used it. Running pretty nice.

13. D RAT2

D RAT2

Sorry, I meant when the new version is ready, I know everyone is waiting for the update.

14. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Yes I am also excited to see it also.

15. MODCreations

MODCreations

Mac27 wow cool stuff and D.Rat umm nice orb man can he be friends with my dude haha.:Painting:

16. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Thanks FMRP. I hope to have some more soon. Out of town right now so away from the software.