My first attempt

Discussion in 'Logo Designs' started by Fjonken, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Fjonken

Fjonken

What do you think? Can this work as a logo for a potriatry-clinik? The logo is written in norwegian, not easy to translate, but you see the design. Can I use this? I do not want to use images of feet. It's to common and a bit boring I think. So thats why I try with a lizard instead.

Attached Files:

2. OldenGray

OldenGray

That's very good for a first attempt. From there, you can only get better. Very recognizable; very clean and simple. I like it!
    Olden

3. Fjonken

Fjonken

Thank you so much Olden. Very nice reply. You inspired me to try even harder. :image28:

4. OldenGray

OldenGray

Fjonken
    You're off to a great start, but keep going. Now, let's see some more of your stuff. :image01:
    Olden

5. OldenGray

OldenGray

Fjonken
    I just had a idea that I think might interest you. I was searching the web for "feet" and had the thought that maybe you could look up antique steel engravings (mid to late 19th century) of feet; most particularly anatomical engravings, antique podiatry signage, shoemaking, etc. I remember seeing a lot of the style of drawing I'm talking about in old medical books. Your local library might be able to steer you to some interesting titles. In many of the old books, the copyright has run out long ago. Hope this helps you.
    Olden

P.S. Some of the antique signage used in Victorian England for bootmakers might be another lead.

6. Fjonken

Fjonken

Oh thanks Olden. You make me blush!
    More stuff from me? Have not made much yet. I'm working on a idea, but I am having problems with it. Trying to manipulat some cliparts to fit my idea. Its not easy when I'm not familiar to the desigtools I'm using. I'm new to paintnet as well you see.

7. Fjonken

Fjonken

Great idea Olden! I have some cliparts like that somewhere. I'll test it out soon. If only I can get this paintnet-thing working the way I want it to work, I'll make some really cool logos.

8. Fjonken

Fjonken

A little more from me.

Attached Files:

9. Fjonken

Fjonken

Postet the wrong file. Here's a better one.

Attached Files:

10. Fjonken

Fjonken

And another one..

Attached Files:

11. Fjonken

Fjonken

Logodesign is fun! Here's the latest one. I'm a newbie, so I'll need comments and advice how to do this better. Don't hesitat, give me your honest opinion.

:lb:

Attached Files:

12. awalck

awalck Staff Member

Fjonken, Olden was right - you are off to a great start. Keep doing what you are doing. The nice thing about TLC is that you can manipulate one design about 20 different ways. You can make your designs as detailed or as simple as you want. My only advice is to listen to your customer's needs. The logo has to suit them and how they are going to use it. Learn to play with color and fonts. Most of all have fun! I liked your last one, thought I would play with it. I rarely place a business name over top graphics, but it works for some - like web use. Most of my clients & friends like to embroider or screen print their logos - I like to make it easier on them. Also, cool job with the lizard. :)

Attached Files:

13. OldenGray

OldenGray

Fjonken
    Just be careful. You can overdose on Logo Creator. Slow and easy until you get accustomed to the adrenalin rush. Somebody stop him, he's running wild!
    Olden

14. Fjonken

Fjonken

Thanks for nice feedback. And I liked your version of my logoidea. Much better than my own. Plain and simpel.. I guess thats the no.1 rule for logodesign. I'll try to live up to that rule.
    At this point I have no clients. I'm my own client. Trying to make a logo for my future business. It's not easy, I fail and stumble, but learn a lot too, so it's great fun.

15. Fjonken

Fjonken

Overdose.. not possible. Have not got that much sparetime. Homework, 3 childeren, Mr Fjonken, cat and house take 98% of my time.
    And Olden.. Who is the man running wild...? It can't be me.. couse I'm a she and I never run wild. I'm a controlfreak (a common norwegian expression)

16. awalck

awalck Staff Member

You will do just fine - even if you're your own client. Sometimes I'm tougher on my self than my clients are. See you around the forum. Share your work with us anytime and we promise not to be to critical of it. :)

17. Fjonken

Fjonken

Sure I will surf the forum! There are so many smart and clever designers here, so I will get a lot of inspiration. I dig it!

18. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

what happend to the lizard? is she ok?!

that first "tibia logo is cool! it made me flinch, ouch so it's got impact..
    and although awalck made a very nice, clean and probably better version of "the one with the swooshes" it doesn't make "plain and simple" the no.1 rule!

Rule no. 1 is: there are no rules!,

if there's anything i got from this logodesign hobby it's to think " outside the box", let your ideas take you for a ride and see what you end up with, i've been lucky to have started this ride useing TLC and that little beauty
    just makes breaking (or at least bending) the rules, way to easy!

Hope we get to see more of your stuff

:image31:MD

(ps i like your avater!)