movie production company and oil and gas exploration Logos

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by lightsout, Aug 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lightsout

lightsout

ok so I know these sound like to completely random businesses but one guy owns part of both of them and I have been trying to help him out.

I just need some thoughts of what to put in those logos as far as images etc.

With the energy company (Hanynesville Energy LLC) I was trying to get something that is continuous and therefore defined sort of "energy"

with the production company I am actually kind of lost, but they have a few movie projects finishing up soon and I am tasked with building their website which currently in shambles so I want to start with their logo.

The company name is Generator Global LLC and it will be used pretty heavily in all their productions etc. so it needs to be something simple yet an attention grabber

I own several logomaking programs as well as almost every type of graphic design software known to man so I hope something can come out of all of that

any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Zach

2. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

well as you own all the graphic programs lets see your ideas?

3. lightsout

lightsout

well the problem is I am kind of short On ideas ... but Ill post a few that ive created for these two

Attached Files:

4. lightsout

lightsout

obviously all these are fairly basic ... I said I owned the programs not that I knew how to use them lol

but please feel free to give some feedback

5. KD-did

KD-did

As far as a simple concept goes why not use a stylized "G" with the it made to look as if is coming from a movie projector with a globe image behind it. For the energy company use a stylized "H" with a flame for gas and or lightbulb or lightning for the energy company?

6. lightsout

lightsout

that sounds awesome ... Im going to try to see if I can conceptualize that ... thanks for the input

7. KD-did

KD-did

Sometimes when you do word association mentally you will be surprised by that images that will pop into your head and that you can change into a working concept by manipulating the images and components/capital letters of the name/s . Think the word "energy" what images do you immediately get in your mind...?

8. lightsout

lightsout

the flame is what definitely pops into my mind because this company is leasing for natural gas minerals .... no doubt you hit nail on head there

9. Topcatz

Topcatz Guest

Word association

Lightsout, lightweight...:image24-1:

10. lightsout

lightsout

lol fair enough ... but Im a database consultant, not a graphic designer so I dont pretend to be anything else lol

11. monyc

monyc

Hey there: just keep at it. More ideas will come to you.

12. harrybrad

harrybrad

oil companies

The first obvious difference would be concerning their forms. Gas, unlike oil which is liquid, is first processed from its gaseous state and liquefied for transport. For the transport a network of pipelines is used. The liquefied gas is transported from its well and passed through a natural gas pipeline. This is because gas is not always used in the area where it is found. A network of pipelines had to be made as a means of transport.
    For more information visit: http://www.lincenergy.us

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.