Movie Logo/Poster

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator Gallery' started by MammaJamma, Feb 27, 2004.

1. MammaJamma

MammaJamma

Hey guys,
    Today I got a call from Mel Gibson! Can you beleive it? Well, he wanted a logo for a new movie he's working on. It's a sequel to The Passion called, "Jesus Rox!". Well, I don't do many logos, and I'm not very talented at all really, but I figured what the heck, I'll go ahead and do it for the $19.95 he was offering. So, I went out and bought this wicked program and went to work. After 5 LONG hours of INTENSE grinding on this logo, here is what I came up with. I'm so impressed with it - I think it ROX!

So here it is for your critique. Have at it!!! But I'm sure you guys will love it, cause it is just that rockin'. By the way, I was thinking about adding just one more lens flare for balance but am not sure it I may be going overboard. What do you think?

[​IMG]

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

You're walkin' the line Mamma Jambama.

Hey, everybody - I've just seen the URL that "MammaJamma" posted his picture from.

http://www.regalstudio.com/images/external/jcrox.jpg

HA! MamaJama is actually RegalStudio in disguise!

For those following this guy, he's one of the 4 characters that came in here the other day and trashed the place with his comments on some of the other's logo creations.

The only person that I hadn't actually banned from the Laughingbird Forum (I banned the others' IP addresses).

I kept RegalBegal here because I liked SOME of his comments. Now he's gone and done this.

Watta baffoon.

Here's his site:
    http://www.regalstudio.com/

Dude, you've obviously got some talent - why are you such a ... problem? Not enough client's to keep you busy or what?

His real name is Shawn D. Porter

Give him a job or something

- Marc

3. Borpean

Borpean Staff Member

Mocking on sarcasm is a BAD, BAD combo. It vibrates. Then when you add the baffoonness into the mix it's like adding gasoline to an already exploding fire.

ok 'nuff of that.

The work from Pajama mama, er, I mean RegalBegal is very good. Professional yes, taking good art direction good...hypocrisy? Beautiful!
    When one states to their potential clients, "...Regal Studio, stands for Duty, Honor and Wisdom...His wisdom comes from his experience as a student and teacher alike." You would think this is THE go to person for work or inspiration. Ahem... To bash novice designers with childish remarks, well go figure.

I know, I know I am not supposed to lash back, but to be caught in the this manner, makes fellow designers hang their head in shame. I would find another pride to sleep with.

Be honest and helpful but stick to your professionalism.

Roar

4. jamirae

jamirae

at first read of this I was cracking up.. then I saw who was posting it and of course the design is screaming loud and, uh, well obviously a smart a** did it.

Thanks, Marc for banning this jerk. How sad that a so-called professional has to spend time being rude and obnoxious. If I were to stoop to his level, I'd have his website hacked, but then, I'm not a loser like him.

looking at his website he has some great talent, too bad he chooses to spend some of that talent knowcking others down rather than mentoring.

5. LogoCreek

LogoCreek

I think the real reason we are seeing all those rude posts is, WE (TLC Owners) are taking work away from the so called professionals

keep up the good work Marc

- Erik
    www.LogoCreek.com

6. icmedia

icmedia

Taking away work? No. My guess about why you have angered some designers is that you are touting yourselves as professionals, yet producing less-than-professional work. In addition, you are charging such low prices that it cheapens the public's opinion of designers...

For instance, lets say that John Knownothing needs a logo designed for his new company. He has no idea what good design is; he expects the designer to know that for him. So, he goes online and sees one of your sites. He sees "Professional Logo Design, Only $19.99!" Then, his perception would be that a professional's work is only worth $19.99 He doesn't know that the person who put up the website does not have a degree in design, or that this may be only the second month they have ever been creating logos, or that the logo they create might not be usable for billboards, newspaper ads, etc. All he'll know is that a "professional" designer only thinks a logo is worth $19.99

See, the problem isn't that some of your designs need help-everybody has to start somewhere, and it's nice to see that people are at least interested in doing design. The problem is, some of you don't think your design needs work, and you are presenting yourselves to the world as professionals, when in all reality you rely on this one program to do all the work for you.

Owning an EZ-Bake oven does not make me a professional baker, although I might be able to create a passable cupcake with it. Nor does owning a Physician's Desk Reference and a set of rubber gloves make me a gynecologist. Nor does owning a video camera and some editing software make me the next Steven Spielberg.

Just because you are interested in a profession, and have a tool that can be used within the profession, does not mean you are a professional. What would the world be like if everyone who watched Law and Order were allowed to represent clients in court for the bargain price of $7.95 and hour? What would happen if the EMS worker who came out of the ambulance you called for had no actual training, he just knew how to use a stethoscope?

My point is, if you want to sell your designs, please don't present yourself as a professional designer unless you have the knowledge and experience that is needed to help a client develop their identity properly. And, realize that your designs could use some work-the stuff I've seen on here is far from "Awesome," as I've heard some call it. Every designer can improve, some more than others. This program is giving you a false sense of accomplishment...

7. Mr Laughingbird

I beg to differ with you on a number of points IC.

Personally, I applaud the people you're speaking of for creating their own business! Our profession here on the net is HIGHLY competitive. Search Google for 'graphic design' and you'll get over 6 million pages to choose from! There is no way that anybody selling a logo for $19.95 will 'set the standard' for all "professionals" in the eyes of John KnowNothing.

Mr. KnowNothing's got a choice.

If he sees the logo style he likes for $19.95 - more power to him! He's got what he wants for the price he wants.

And beside, most of the users in this forum are not saying they're professional "corporate identity" creators. They're not even saying that they've got a degree! They don't have to! They're simply saying that they'll design a logo.

They're using templates from The Logo Creator and starting a new business and making money for themselves - just like you are.

I do agree (and have said this a number of times here on the board) that $19.95 is far too cheap. Not because they'll 'set the standard' but because they can simply get MORE!

Quite frankly, if I was looking strictly for Logo Design, and found Logo Creek's portfolio over http://www.regalstudio.com/portfolio.htm/

I'd pick Logo Creek hands down for logo design. He's got LOGOs! Although Regal has a nice look - there is nothing in his display that tells me what kind of logo designer he is.

Why wouldn't an entrapreneureal type want to modify logos created in The Logo Creator and compete with others out there on the web? (there's nothing wrong with using the software yourself to get a few ideas IC. TLC isn't competing with you, it can be used as a tool like Photoshop).

If this makes people like MamaJama 'angry' and forces him to come in here putting Jesus posters up from Mel Gibson... I think the tone of the 'professionals' coming into this forum leave quite a bit to be desired.

:)

- Marc

8. KD-did

KD-did

Did you happen to notice that the high and mighty used clipart elements in his portfolio images too?[​IMG]

9. icmedia

icmedia

They're not clipart if you create them yourself.

10. RegalBagel

RegalBagel

Show me where the 'clipart' is in my portfolio and I will personally write you a check for 50 bazillion dollars.

--------

As for my response to the above posts, I want to firmly apologize for my recent actions for self-righteousness and conceit. I've done some thinking over the past few days since reading Borpean's response and concluded that he is right - I have, in my actions here, betrayed my own mission and professional convictions.

Although it may seem mute at this point and potentially dishonest, I assure you that I am never quite as condescending a person both in my business and personal life. I am known as a person of respectable character and treat others as I would myself. However, it has become obvious that my actions here over the past week (or so) are completely contradictory to this. I simply got caught up in the heat of a situation that most of you are not aware of regarding our industry (the professional design industry).

Therefore, I want to publicly (or at least on this board) apologize for these actions and hope that I can somehow remedy this situation in your eyes.

Again, my apologies,
    'RegalBeagle'

11. jamirae

jamirae

In the spirit of these "support" forums I do want to say that it is commendable of you to make an attempt at reconciliation. I would have to agree however, that the apology will most likely appear to most as dishonest and completely lacking in sincerity due to the numerous rude posts you made over the course of at least a week.

I hope that in the future when you have a bad day or bad week, you seek counseling or some private means of releasing your anger. To take your anger out on other people is bad enough but to take it out on people you do not even know is very low.

In the words of Rodney King... "why can't we all just get along?"

12. Lats

Lats Staff Member

An excellent phrase.

13. Elect

Elect

As I stated in my "Feb 2004" post, this is a support forum. There is no need for rudeness. Like someone said, maybe there should be another forum that discuss the basics of design, file size optimization, and color usage.

People have fun with this software and getting constructive feedback.

14. Mr Laughingbird

Wow.
    I for one am impressed Regal.

For me, at least, apology accepted. :)
    That was pretty big of you Shawn.

Welcome to the forum!

[​IMG]

- Marc

15. RegalBagel

RegalBagel

I've got to say, though, that you've got quite a gatekeeper here in LaughingBird. I had to re-register about 3 times just to get this apology posted because he kept denying my access quicker than I could type a response. LOL

As for some of the responses here, I can understand your schepticism in my post and cannot fault you for that. However, I've realized that professionalism should be practiced at ALL times - not just when the situation deems it necessary.

So, for my act of redemption I will attempt to offer whatever HELPFUL advice I can over the next few days... and you decide whether I am worthy of an account here. :)

With respect,
    'RegalBeagle'

16. RegalBagel

RegalBagel

By the way, LaughingBird. Would it be possible to reinstate my RegalBeagle OR RegalStudio usernames? I cannot retrieve email from this account as easily as I can the others (and do not like this username... lol). But I'll take RegalBeagle as it seems I have been deemed that by someone... hehe.

17. Mr Laughingbird

Hi Regal.
    You're back in as RegalBeagle.

I've put your original email address back in (you can change it if you'd like) and have temporarily changed your password. The new one should have been mailed to you via your 'regalStudio.com' email address.

You can log back in to that account (click the 'User CP' button at the top right of the screen).

:)

- Marc

18. RegalBeagle

RegalBeagle

Thank you sir!

19. Varacolaci

Varacolaci

DAMM IS QUITE HORRIBLE..........

BUT WELL THT'S JUST MY OPINION DON'T HANG-ON YOUR SELF