More efficient way to find objects

Discussion in 'Wish list for future releases' started by migration, Mar 18, 2005.

1. migration

migration

Thanks for a great tool. I use it to create buttons, graphical objects and special text for the page (and even logos!). As a web designer my skills in graphics are basic and TLC is useful for many things that do not require the skills of a graphic artist.

End of commercial - start of request.

Unless I missed something in the user forums that tells me how to do this, I find that scrolling through the logo sets is inefficient when looking for objects because to few are visible in the window and I can see only one set at a time. And pre-defined sets contain a variety of unrelated objects that make it difficult to remember where things are . "Lets see, in which set did I see that particular font or swoosh?" and minutes later perhaps I find it. A larger window with thumbnail views of all logos in a set (option to include all objects from all sets would be nice?) would really speed up my projects. Mouse-over the object and it is enlarged, then left-click to choose.

Thanks Marc.

2. midnightcry

midnightcry

I Agree

I was just going to write today to say the same thing. It is too time consuming not to mention just non-creative when you have to scroll through item by item. To open a page or two to see the different shapes, characters, etc. would be a big improvement. Otherwise, I love this program.

3. Shelly

Shelly

Dont Know if thats possible with thumb nails, but maybe differant Folder setup so that you have all Fonts, OrbĀ“s, Shapes in seperate folders so that you know which folder to use, instead of scrolling them all. :)

4. KD-did

KD-did

Actually some TLC users have been able to move all orbs together and all swooshes together.I wouldn't advise moving ebbeded fonts and system fonts together...because of the different extensions it could make for real big computer problems and crash many programs.

5. Shelly

Shelly

Sorry I meant the "Fonts" that are in the differant Logo sets.

6. KD-did

KD-did

All the fonts that are in the different sets( ebbeded fonts) does automatically go in the same folder if TLC is installed correctly. If you have what looks like separate TLC programs for each edition you will experience problems and the embedded fonts will not collect together.If you just click through the installation process instead of making a separate directory for each edition you own your TLC will be easier to use.

7. Shelly

Shelly

Ok thanks Katie

8. Flotsom

Flotsom

one way is ...

On Macs with OS X, you can go to Applications>TLC>Logo Libraries. Open a logo set, then open logo artwork. Maximize the window, and using Grab, pull down the Capture menu, and choose selection, or use keyboard shortcut "shift-command-A" now take a picture of the window, and save it using the library name of the set your collecting. Be sure to save it to someplace you can find again.

You can "photograph" about 30 objects at a time this way. :m love:

For Windows users you can follow a similar method and use whatever form of screen capture you have.

Marc is working on "built in" method to accomplish the same general thing. Meanwhile, hope this helps.

EDIT: It should noted that this only gives you a look at the objects, not an active link to them, so you will still have to navigate to them through the element setter. :Computer:

This is what my orbs set looks like.

9. migration

migration

Thanks for the feedback

The more I use TLC, the more I depend on it in my design projects. I see from the msg thread that Marc has been looking at this issue. Any idea when we could expect this kind of feature to be available? Next release would be good.

Rgds,
    Migration

10. Flotsom

Flotsom

I'm sure Marc will address it as soon as he has a moment to breathe! Meanwhile, everything we can do to make the program "as is" work better for all of us, is a good thing. :)

11. KD-did

KD-did

Laughingbird (Marc) has a wonderful way of listening to the TLC users. He appreciates the input from the TLC users. Of course every change TLC makes changes the face of the EB&BCC product too.