Missing YouTube Overlay Grid

Discussion in 'The Youtube Channel Art Creator' started by Chris Gloss, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Chris Gloss

Chris Gloss

Just purchased Youtube Channel Graphic Creator and the overlay grid for the Youtube channel art are not showing up. I'm attaching some screen shots.

I watched the video and I don't have the boxes to check to turn on/off the overlay grid.

Screen shots are attached. I'm using a Mac Book Pro, OS X Yosemite

Attached Files:

2. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

You are using the wrong icons to start the Youtube version. You are still running version 6.8. The youtube guides do not work, and the checkboxes do not appear in version 6.8.

You must use either of the new icons that appeared on your desktop when you installed the youtube add on. That starts version 6.8.11.

icons.JPG

snginc likes this.
  3. Chris Gloss

Chris Gloss

I will reinstall. I did not have any icons on my desktop or in my Launchpad.

4. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

WAIT!

Try this.

Open your applications folder. Find the The Logo Creator. make sure it's version 6.8.11. LOOK FOR "YOUTUBE CHANNEL ART INSTALLER".
    Right click over it and choose “Make Alias”

This creates a copy of the icon.
    you can now move this icon ANY where on your computer. Clicking it will launch the app.

You can also drag any Application icon onto your Doc at the bottom of your monitor.

KD-did likes this.
  5. Chris Gloss

Chris Gloss

Screen Shots attached

1) Still version 6.8 even though it has the YouTube feature incorporated
    2) 3 Icons on my desktop and when I double click them, they all open the installer page (visible in the screenshot)

Attached Files:

6. shane kuhn

shane kuhn

Hi Chris,

I'm having the identical problem you were having. In this thread it doesn't seem clear on how you resolved it. I have version 6.8 as well. When the software is opened Youtube software is available, but I don't have the YouTube "guide" option when choosing "format". Please let me know what you did to resolve this.

Is v. 6.8 the same as 6.8.11, and if not, where's 6.8.11? I didn't see a new version available for downloading in my member's download area.

Can anyone help, please?
    Thank you in advance & cheers!! :D

7. Chris Gloss

Chris Gloss

Hey Shane

Unfortunately no resolution. I notified Marc of current of status and still waiting for a response. I guess more people will have to raise this concern. This is the first time in all the years I have been purchasing his software that I have experienced this type of support. I hope this is the only experience like this.

Chris

8. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Chris ... Shane.

Yikes.
    Really sorry for missing this thread.

Shane, you're a Mac user?
    Hit your Applications folder and look for "Youtube Graphics Creator" ... the icon is the exact same as The Logo Creator (because it IS The Logo Creator just with the added option of handling large Youtube graphics).

If you don't see it - let me know.

Shane, the new version (6.8.11) is available when purchasing the Youtube Graphics app.
    If you've purchased it, look into your Program Files folder and see if you have the Youtbube Graphics Maker folder there.

Keep me posted you guys!

9. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

When you don't seethe you tube overlay, or the options to turn it on of off, in the FORMAT CANVAS menu option you are selecting, and running version 6.8 of the logo creator. You can still open the logo creator (version 6.8) and see all the youtube stuff, but the program will act "wonky" when accessing the youtube graphics. In version 6.8 the max size of a logo is 1440 x 1440, thus, the program gets confused when trying to work with an image larger than 1440 x 1440, and the Youtube templates are larger than that.

You must use version 6.8.11, (the max size is increased to 2880 x2880) using either of the two new icons for the youtube overlay to work.

An of course the only way to get the youtube stuff to work, and to version 6.8.11 is to purchase it... it is an upgrade, not an update!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  10. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

This explains what happens when you install the youtube add on... in very simple terms...

Affinity likes this.
  11. shane kuhn

shane kuhn

Hi Marc and gcuneo,

Marc,

Yes, I use Mac. Is there anything else? ;-)
    I have the Youtube Graphics Creator file in my applications. I clicked on it to open it and when I look in the "About" of the program it still shows 6.8.0. I'm not sure how I get 6.8.11 since I already have the YouTube graphics app installed.

Do I need to uninstall The Logo Creator 6.8.0?

Hope to hear back sooner than later. Thanks a lot guys for help.

Shane

12. shane kuhn

shane kuhn

Okay..disregard the last post's questions.

I just sent "The Logo Creator" to the trash and from Launchpad I opened up "Youtube Graphics Creator" and boom-done! Golly, that was stupid simple. Now I feel like an dummy. haha!
    Thanks again!

By the way, I believe that the video explanations are a great of common "issues" may be one of, if not the best way to show people solutions.
    :) Shane

Mr Laughingbird and gcuneo2 like this.
  13. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Shane.

Lol... sorry about that.
    It's not you - it's the way I created the installer.

The new version did not replace or over-right the older version (which left you TWO copies ... one old, one new... on your computer)

Glad you fixed it.
    Thanks for posting!

Marc

snginc likes this.
  14. shane kuhn

shane kuhn

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your reply. Cheers!!

Shane