Missing some of the old features a LOT!!

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by Maple_Mom, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Maple_Mom

Maple_Mom

One of the biggest things I miss right now is the ability to select what size of a file you want to save. I used to be able to choose the DPI range in v5, but now in v6 it just defaults. I need to have my logo printed out on a LARGE scale... looking at a 32x16 inch banner to start, but I can't seem to get it to save a file larger than 500kB. I test printed the logo from Print Shop on a 3 page size banner and it was all grainy.

How do I save the file so it can be printed in larger sizes? I want to send them to my local Staples to print but I'm worried that they won't watch and just print the posters out whether it looks good or not.

The other thing I miss is not being able to drag the LOGO template around so we can access the edit menus. It's a PITA to have to resize the template each time you want to change the font, images, etc. Especially when I'm on a 13 inch MacBook.

2. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

The following is my understanding, it could be a little off- but betcha it ain't!

To get a crisp output at 300 dpi based upon your image size, your JPG image would have to be about 46MB in size! Take the DPI output (in this case 300dpi) times the inches= 16(H) x 300= 4800 pixels. 32(W) x 300= 9600. 9600 x 4800= 46, 080,000 pixels needed for a nice crisp image. You could use lower resolutions, actually down to almost 100 dpi (which is a term used for output size usually) and it would look pretty good still, but just not as sharp. An image containing only 500kB and printed at 100 dpi would require a file size of about 5MB-- it would look pretty good, but not as crisp as the higher resolution.

Vector images use mathematical formulas to determine angles, shapes, and stuff like that-- virtually no size limit, and the best way to go for stuff printed at larger sizes. ​