Missing logo sets

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by janaquino, Mar 18, 2009.

1. janaquino

janaquino

Hi,
    I've had my logo creator 5.0 for awhile, and since I rarely needed it until now, I hadn't realized that on the splash screen when you first open the program, the drop down box, which is supposed to say 'choose a logo set' has no choices underneath. There is nothing except My Templates, which, when clicked, brings up an empty box. I downloaded the update today, 5.01, but it didn't help. What can I do to bring up the logo sets to work with?

2. KD-did

KD-did

3. janaquino

janaquino

no, I'll try that and get back to you...thanks!

4. janaquino

janaquino

I checked the Program Files, and everything is there, except when I clicked on Logo Libraries, only the My Templates folder is in there, and I think that's where the logo sets should be? I don't see them under Xtras or Resources either. Any suggestions?

5. KD-did

KD-did

6. janaquino

janaquino

My copy was included on the disk when I purchased The Print Shop Pro Publisher Deluxe 22. Should I just do the same thing, then?

7. KD-did

KD-did

You will have an easier time of it. It is necessary to start with a clean slate.Delete the TLC files from your program files. And just do a fresh installation from the CD. The key should be on on the front of the CD.

8. janaquino

janaquino

Hi again,
    I'm so sorry, but it didn't work. I uninstalled, then reinstalled from the disk, and it does the same thing as before, only the My Templates appears in the opening drop down menu. Is there some other way to get that file online? thanks again, Janice

9. janaquino

janaquino

Hi again, I tried opening up Program Files again, and did some checking. I found a folder called Third Party, (since my Logo Creator was on the Print Shop Pro Publisher disc), and I opened it to find another folder called LL, which I noticed had the logo sets in it. I moved the LL folder to the TLC folder where the My Templates was, and now when I open the program, I do in fact have the option to choose either My Templates, or Choose a logo set, but here's what happens. I click on Choose a logo set, and the box filled with logos comes up, but when I click one to work with, I get a new, empty box, and nothing else. No other options, and no way to modify anything. Now what????:image24:

10. KD-did

KD-did

Janice, I can't tell if you have an installation issue because you are using Vista and need to make the adjustments for a Vista installation or if possibly you have adware/malware on your computer . You shouldn't be having any installation issues installing from an installation disk provided by Broderbund. Without finding the underlaying cause of the issue/s the outcome will never be different.

Technically opening the "third party" folder and double clicking should launch the complete installation process. Something is going wrong in the installation process you are bound to be unhappy unless TLC is installed correctly.

11. janaquino

janaquino

So, what should I do? Is there a way you could send me the file I need so I can put it in the folder, or is LL the one I need, and it's just not working?