Missing Logo Creator files (Logo Templates)

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by JWK22, May 23, 2014.

1. JWK22

JWK22

Ok.... I just bought and downloaded the new Log Creator 6.8v (MAC version) I also ordered the Facebook, People and something else.

Anyway,........ I do not see any of the logo templates for Logo Creator itself. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, how the heck do I get this loaded up? Without this templates, I believe I wasted money on the software.

I have attached a screen shot of what I am speaking about re: the missing files. I have highlighted what I am missing in yellow. I have also provided a screen shot of the only thing that I received in my drop down tab .

Thanks for any help that anyone can provide.

Attached Files:

2. KD-did

KD-did

Picture 1.png start screen.jpg Have you taken the FIRST step in by naming a file? That is where all your files will be auto saved to.After that file is setup your templates should appear. You will asked to name the file before you can make a choice from what set you want . My start screen. Now I can make a choice of which set I want to start with.

"HOLDING" is what I named my file. It is the first to appear in the sets list. After template choice is made to work on. You will then see the drop down menus.

Last edited: May 23, 2014
  3. JWK22

JWK22

I did that, and nothing happens. Is there a video that you can send me to

4. KD-did

KD-did

What happens when you choose the Facebook templates? Your named files will have no content until you start working with TLC. The videos was made before the change to the TLC where the file had to be set up first. Have done a "repair permissions"?

5. JWK22

JWK22

I understand what you are saying. I am saying where is all of the Templates gone to. You know that ones with all the balls , fancy underlines.etc Like in the screen shot that I sent in my original post.

I have used this program before...... many years ago and they had hundreds of templates to use for a starting point. I don't see that here. I would not have anything to work with if I did not purchase the add on's that I got such as; facebook pack, cartoon pack.

I am looking for the attached templates to this post
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. KD-did

KD-did

Those templates from V5 are incompatible with the all new V6.X. The templates with V6 are completely new. You can move the V5 Logo Elements into the V6 .

Window people can have both V5 AND V6 editions on their computer and run both editions. If the templates were the same in both there would be issues. That is why V6.X has a whole new set of templates.

Last edited: May 23, 2014
  7. JWK22

JWK22

I just used that screen shot as an example. My point is that I do not have any templates AT ALL.

8. JWK22

JWK22

Here is a screen video to help you understand better. Link on youtube from a screen shot I did:

9. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

the video is set to private..

10. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

11. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING ELSE: Please backup all of your original, unzipped files you purchased to a usb thumb drive, or some other place, like another hard drive--- thaty way you won't have to mess around with redownloading your stuff. I'm willing to betyou issue will be resolved before 6pm today--- try calling *icrosoft of a Saturday for support!

Consider stopping by in the chat room for real time back and forth help. Let me know if that's something you wanna try, just let me know when you will be online....

12. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

what's important in your 2 smaller screenshots is that the basic template set set does not show up in the pulldown menu. There typically is only one or two reasons: Your original installation was bogus, for some reason there was a hiccup, and the original files did not get installed. People also move the Laughingbird Documents folder around afer the install. Your basic program is installed, but the software only looks in one location "Laughingbird Documents"-- which you have because you have the add on facebook timeline paks show up.

What what the size of the original download for version 6.8? It should be around 240 MB.
    Your missing logo templates are part of that big download and take up about 95MB of space.
    Now for any reason if you tried the "Trial version"--- that only comes with about 14 templates.
    That alone would not account for the basic template set, containing 203 (204?) templates being missing.

Depending on add on paks you have purchased, and any custom libraries you have created you can have all sorts of stuff show up in the pull down menu...

To clear something up: Yes or no: do your facebook templates appear at all in the pull down menu?

13. KD-did

KD-did

14. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

I was looking for that very post earlier!