Microsoft Xp Task Manager

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by blackknight, Sep 2, 2005.

1. blackknight

blackknight

Somehow my task manager became disabled and I don't know how to enable it again. I right clicked on my task bar but cannot click on task manager as it is dormant and won't activate there. I went to "start" "run" and typed in "services.msc" but couldn't find anything that says "task manager"
    If anyone out there has an answer, could you inform me please. Thanks in advance.

2. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Try this, it should fix it for you.

Click Here to download the fix for you problem.

Hope this helps.

3. Chris

Chris Staff Member

If that doesn't work then I can show you how to go into the registry and fix it. The first option is the easiest.

4. blackknight

blackknight

I don't know what to say except thank you very much. I have been trying to find a solution by myself and only hit a brick wall. I like to try to figure things out but sometimes I have to give in and ask. Thanks again!

5. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Hey not a problem. I have been working with computers for years and I love to help people with their problems. Let me know if you need anymore help.

6. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

"Mac"27 helped with a Windows issue!
    ... very cool :)

Thanks Mac!
    Truly, I'm a Mac user myself but use Windows XP most of the day.

Your little link helped quite a bit!
    Thanks for that.

- Marc

7. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Anytime. Just glad I could help.. I to use Windows for my computing needs.

8. Shelly

Shelly

Hi mac27,

Maybe you can help me?
    I have a xp pro sp2, barton 2500 amd, 1 gig ram, and a radeon graphic card 8500.
    My problem is the pc reboots for no apparent reason, this can happen several times a day or go for days without problems,it does a scan disk which takes ages but never finds anything. then it says my pc has started again after a major system breakdown.
    Now I have checked my cooling system and the tempertures are ok.

is there a way from stopping the system from rebooting or doing a scandisk untill I want it too,?? I think this problem arised after DL sp2 but Iam not certain I have deinstalled sp2 and reinstalled with no effect.

any advice would be helpfull thanks

shelly

9. Chris

Chris Staff Member

What adware and spyware software do you run on your PC? What virus scan do you have? When did it start, after the first install of SP2?

Do this. Right click on my computer choose properties, then click on the advanced tab, next click on settings under startup and recovery, next remove the check mark next to Automatically Restart. Next time it trys to reboot it will give you an error message instead of rebooting. Give the error message when it does.

10. KD-did

KD-did

There are 3 main common causes of sudden computer reboots. A bad power supply, a faulty video card or driver, and a failing RAM chip are often the source of these boots out of the blue.

11. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Also you can view your event log. This is where all your error messages are stored.

Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Event Viewer..........

12. Gravy

Gravy

There are certain Viruses which will also cause your pc to continually reboot. Go to Windows update and manually check for new downloads, they have a couple of tools there which check for the worst worms. Let us know the results.