1. New Software Notice alert!

The new Web Graphics Creator (version 4.0) will be out soon.

For now, version 3.0 is still active and works great on most Windows machines. It no longer runs on Macs using Lion or greater... (but the new version will fix this)

So hang in there! It's almost done!

Menu GUI links not working

Discussion in 'Web Graphics Creator' started by Guardian, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Guardian

Guardian

I bought WGC a while ago (v3) but owing to hospitalisation, I never got around to installing it until now.
    When I run the program there are two links at the top of the GUI;
    The ony labelled 'Website Info and Help doesn't do anything.
    If I select any of the options under that menu I get an error stating that "the file name, directory name or volume name ar incorrect" and then it hangs.
    I removing it, rebooted and re-installed it but it is still the same.
    As a result I cannot even register the software or enter serial numbers etc.

2. Guardian

Guardian

More info

I found after reading the forums that there can be issues with older versions of LaughingBird software so I have removed an old trial of logo creator that I had not uninstalled after the trial expire.
    I again removed both pieces of software, did a registry clean and reboot my PC which is using XP Pro SP2 but still the same issue.

3. KD-did

KD-did

Try deleting the actual WGC file under "programs" and then try a fresh installation.

4. Guardian

Guardian

I have now tried that and also removed a remnant folder from the previous trial installation and I still have the same issue.
    I just cannot think what could cause this.
    The software was installed using the default installation directory as the setup creates it so that is one thing I can rule out.

There was some more software I wanted to buy as well but until I can figure this problem out I'm understandably reluctant to do so.

Thank you for taking the time to post though, I appreciate it.

5. KD-did

KD-did

What version do you have...PC or Mac?

6. Guardian

Guardian

The PC version
    File name is WGC1_v3_Setup.exe

7. Guardian

Guardian

OK I think I have figured this out.
    During the installation process a series of file names are displayed as the exe file installs the files.
    I noticed that some of the file paths have a double backslash e.g.
    c:\Program Files\\

This would certainly account for the 'invalid directory' error message.
    I'm wondering if my download is corrupt or its a problem with the installer that no one else has noticed.

8. KD-did

KD-did

Sorry Guardian I was remiss in my previous post by leaving out the suggestion to get a fresh download to do the fresh installation with. Uninstall, remove the WGC file under "programs" get a fresh download and do fresh install.

If you ordered through DR you can look up your order and get a new download.http://www.digitalriver.com/dr/v2/ec_MAIN.Entry11?xid=38732&SP=10107&PN=1

If you ordered paying with Paypal send "laughingbird" a PM with your purchase information.

9. noelhawkes

noelhawkes

Nice To Hear Others Are Having Similar Problems

Have exactly the same problem with the links being dead and have tried re-installing after deletion and reboot with no luck. Where are Technical Support?

Noel

10. kyle

kyle

Same here, haven't used this in awhile, reformatted my hard drive and got the download from DR and installed. All links open up my Ultra Edit word program.

11. Nickydude

Nickydude MadLad Designs

And here, the "view tutorials online", "check for updates" and "visit the website" all bring up broken links.