MegaPak Update & Ver 4 and 5 install issue

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by richinri, Jun 8, 2006.

1. richinri

richinri

I bought ver 4 of logo creator and ver 5, the megapak ver 4.1 and the cartoon edition by mistake. I noticed there were 2 versions on my drive and deleted 4 which messed 5 up. Before I could fix it, I had a hard drive crash.
    I couldn't find ver 5 unlock key to reinstall and bought the Identity creator instead with the megapak upgrade since it included a new key for ver 5 which came with identity creator.
    Now there are still 2 versions on my drive - and I didn't get all the logos listed in the advertisement. I am missing Real Estate Pak, Spiritual Collection and Sports Pak. I am confused because the first ver5 that I bought had upgraded my megapak to ver 5 already. The website indicates that I was paying for ALL the packs in the upgrade since I was an owner of megapak 4.1, yet all I got are the ones I already had from before. Can you help?:bana:

2. richinri

richinri

Can I get an answer to this please?

3. blackknight

blackknight

did you send Marc a PM?

4. KD-did

KD-did

have you done an uninstall and then get a fresh download after looking up your order?

5. richinri

richinri

Yes I sent Marc a PM and I tried reinstalling. I remain confused on this issue as the website made clear I was updating to every logo LaughingBird currently had. I would like this answered one way or the other.

6. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Rich.
    Thanks for the post.

I haven't been into the forum for the past few days - I appologize for missing your PM. I have sent you a reply.

Yes, the upgrade will upgrade every logo set that you have from version 4.0 (or 3.0).

However, it will not add the new logo edtions I've created:
    The Sports Pak and The Real Estate Edition. These two logo editions did not exists in the v4 format, thus - they are not added with the upgrade.

The new version of The Logo Creator (v5.0) will be installed into a new folder "The Logo Creator v5". It will not touch your previously installed version of TLC. This was done on purpose.

7. richinri

richinri

I guess I got this email 2 ways - basically the website makes it appear like you are getting every logo that is available. Second I paid for TLC 5 which updated my megapak logos. So exactly what did I get for paying for the megapak upgrade? And I don't have the spiritual pak at all either. I thought from the website the megapak upgrade gave all that. Take a look at the wording.

8. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Rich.

The Upgrade updates whatever you previously had with v4.
    ... and adds new logos to the sets you had.

Example
    v4: The Hollywood set (26 logos)
    v5: renamed The Hollywood set to The Entertainment Edition (50 logos).

So, if you had v4.1 MegaPak, you now have an updated version with added logos.

The only sets not contained in the $19.95 upgrade are the Sports Pak and the Real Estate Edition.

The ValuePak has been renamed to The Spiritual Edtion (with added logos).
    You mention that you did not get the Spiritual Edition?

PM me your Order Confirmation number Richini. I'll look you up and fix whatever you're having troubles with. You sound a bit angry and I'm sorry for this. You upgraded your v4 MegaPak for $19.95 and recieved 150 additional logos. This should make you happy!

- Marc

9. richinri

richinri

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    First I went to check what you said and for some unexplained reason TLC wouldn't show any libraries requiring me to uninstall and reinstall....again.
    Here are screenshots for the 2 directories for ver 4 & 5 on my drive.
    Here is the issue - BEFORE updating the megapak, I copied all of 5 to another drive. I then upgraded. I compared the 2 directories and they are EXACTLY the same file for file - date for date. I also noticed the valuepak disappeared from ver 4 to ver 5 which I hadn't noticed before. Are my issues clear now?
    order number for my latest purchases is xxxx "edited by shelly please do not give account numbers here, PM Marc with your details"

10. richinri

richinri

Marc, got your PM and the problem is resolved - Thanks.