Mascots2Go v2

Discussion in 'Mascots2Go Set 1' started by BRainey, Sep 1, 2014.

1. BRainey

BRainey

I downloaded my purchase of Mascots2Go v2 last night and extracted the zip file however I am supposing to the wrong place. Where do the bigbox_of_mascots folders have to be located to be seen by TLC v6.8? I would suppose in the C:\Users\...\Documents\Laughingbird Documents\Logo Elements folder however before I send them there I just want to be sure.

Thanks for any help!

2. KD-did

KD-did

The "elements" folder is coorect.

BRainey likes this.
  3. BRainey

BRainey

Thanks for the quick reply... are they put in as three separate folders or just one big box of mascots folder???

4. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

The installation file will automatically create 2 different folders. When you select the "Mascots2Go_v2" 2 folders should appear. There seems to be a problem right now in the forum with uploading files, Ill post a picture later.

Just a reminder: The mascots2go_v2 are elements, not templates!

mascots2go.JPG

5. BRainey

BRainey

That's the problem. There was no "installer" It simply came as a zip file called bigbox_of_mascots which extracts to a folder with the same name which contains three 4 subfolders MacOS, Animals, Odd. People i.e., no means of it creating the .db files within TLC.

6. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Sometimes using winzip, or the unzip tool built into windows, or whatever macs use, it just dont work.

I've had to use a free zipping tool (7zip) to make the install file work on a couple the paks. Using the previous method (winzip, etc) just causes the zipped file to look like it's being extracted, when in fact all it is doing is making copies of bogus directories.

Here is alink to 7 zip, the same page contains a couple of links for windows versions (it's free):

http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

BRainey likes this.
  7. BRainey

BRainey

I just deleted the bigbox_of_mascots file and have used three different unzip utilities including 7zip to extract the bigbox_of_mascots.zip file and all it did was create four folders; MacOS, Animals, Odd, and People with no installer either activating or visible, as with the People_Pak_Installer or Character_Creator_Addon_win when they extracted. Maybe the uploaded file needs an installer added to the jvzoo downloadable .zip

8. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

So to make things clear: you are using the MAC OS?

9. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Okay, I think I'm getting confused, again.

BigBox of Mascots and Mascots2Go are 2 separate products from Mascots2Go.com
    At least they were when I bought them. Neither has an installer.

In BigBox there are 3 directories... _MACOSX, Regular and Sticky
    In Mascots2Go (also called BigBox2Go) there are 3 directories... PNG, PSD, and Vector

You need to navigate to your Laughingbird documents directory and then the Logo Elements Directory. (/My Documents/Laughingbird Documents/Logo Elements)

Simply copy the PNG graphics to a directory in your /Laughingbird /Logo Elements directory.

As an example, I have /My Documents/Laughingbird Documents/Logo Elements/BigBox2Go which contains the .png files from the BigBox zip file.

I also have /My Documents/Laughingbird Documents/Logo Elements/BigBoxMascots/Regular
    and /My Documents/Laughingbird Documents/Logo Elements/BigBoxMascots/Sticky which contain the .png files from that zip. No installer was included when I made my purchase and I'm not sure they have been updated on JVZOO. Might have been, but I'd just copy the png files and be done with it.

BRainey and gcuneo2 like this.
  10. BRainey

BRainey

No Win7 OS I cited the _MACos file only because it was one of the four in the extracted .zip

11. BRainey

BRainey

@gunsmoke this is the purchase page link I bought them from ...
    http://cartoonmascots2go.com/ ... whatever you have in your description is not what I received. It delivered with the above cited .zip and files.

12. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

That looks like an 'affiliate' link. There is an email form at the bottom. Have you tried to contact them about your problem?

13. BRainey

BRainey

14. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Okay, I'm lost and I guess have no idea what happened.

The link http://www.thelogocreator.com/logo-design-software/
    goes here http://www.thelogocreator.com/cartoon-mascots-2-go/

The link you posted before is here http://cartoonmascots2go.com/

These links do not go to the same page, so I'm lost. Someone else is going to have to deconstruct this . . .

But, here's my take ... create a folder ( doesn't matter what you name it as long as YOU know what it is ) in your /Laughingbird Documents/Logo Elements folder for each directory you want to copy .png files from. Copy the .png files from whatever zip you have to the folders there and those graphics will show up in TLC. No installer needed. Only .png and .jpg files can be used. Make sure the .png and/or .jpg is lower case. No upper case extensions as they will not work. Do this and you will be able to access all your graphics.

15. BRainey

BRainey

Solution found.... :yay:

There is a .DS_Store file in the extracted folders Animal, Odds, & People. If that folder is copied to the Documents\Laughingbird Documents\Logo Elements folder the folder name i.e., Animals will show without displaying the elements within the folder below. Opening each of the folders and deletion of the .DS_Store file allows for display of each of the folders components after reopening TLC.

Much thanks to @KD-did @gunsmoke and @gcuneo2

I guess the thing to remember here is that these element packs are most probably created on Mac Machines and the files are packed on them too. Apparently, MacOs's, .DS_Store files don't play nicely on WinOS machines. Thanks again to both @gunsmoke and @gcuneo2 for all your time and solution seeking. Maybe this .DS_Store problem should be made a sticky somewhere, this was aggravating and time consuming.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  16. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

I've actually never had a problem with the .DS_Store files ( knock on wood ). However, I know many users have! For whatever reason, you are correct, they don't seem to play nice on Windows machines.

Glad you got it working! :cowboyno:

17. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Marc, the owner, does in fact use a MAC top create the software.

The .DS_Store file is there to hold folders icon information, settings, thumbnail and background image information. DS_Store is a metadata file for a respective folder. A single DS_Store file is well placed and can be located when a user navigates through different partitions, folders & sub-folders on Mac OS X.

You will even find DS_Store files on remote computers; that is, if the Mac is shared through the network. Even when you plug an external drive into your Mac it will create a DS_Store file.

It’s not just Macs that utilize this method. If you have been a PC user then you may have come across the Thumbs.db file. The DS_Store is similar to Thumbs.db on a Windows computer.

.DS_Store file is a hidden OS X file that won’t reveal until you unhide the files on system. Y