Mascot Components

Discussion in 'Wish list for future releases' started by inhighghear, May 6, 2005.

1. inhighghear

inhighghear

I think it would be very fun to be able to do "mr potatohead" kind of stuff with TLC

All we need is some individual eye shapes, head shapes, noses, ears, bodies (or at least some clothes), arms and legs. Add some hair and we should be able to create some pretty fantastic creatures

With Shelly's mask tutorial and some creativity, we could create some great mascots!

Can you think of anything else?

inhighgear

2. Flotsom

Flotsom

already can do

Hi inhighghear!

Shelly actually has made a tutorial on exactly this sort of use for TLC. In the tutorial she builds a Happy Hippo, but a Mr. Potato Head is no different. Check out the Tutorial, and have fun!

3. Borpean

Borpean Staff Member

inhighghear,

That is a great idea! One that should not be over looked...and it hasn't!
    BorpeanTown Creations and TheLogo Creator are teaming up to produce a fun program where you can build your own mascot! I created the mascots for the ExpansionPak and Mascot Edition as well as custom made mascots, but soon (it won't be a day job that's for sure!) will have a bunch of objects to mix with.
    Shelly's tutorials are great and I hope she makes more! :)

-Dave

4. blackknight

blackknight

I would really like to see something more in the line of mascots. I found a real good mascot site that also includes body parts but they are not the same kind of mascots as in TLC, mostly sports type mascots and logos. I would like to have the elements in this program to work within TLC but I think it only works with Photoshop or Corel. Maybe they can be worked in one of these programs and then exported to TLC? The website is: http://www.jamnart.com/ Someone let me know what your thoughts are.
    Not only does this program have mascots but they also have some really great panels and backdrops to encase the mascots in. It is not a logo creation software like TLC but the elements must be downloaded into another program.
    Blackknight :artist:
    http://www.jamnart.com/

5. blackknight

blackknight

the downside is that they are expensive

6. Flotsom

Flotsom

Well they import to TLC just fine, but of course that's as an intact image. Perhaps when you purchase them they would give you the ext. they were created in?

7. Borpean

Borpean Staff Member

I have visited Jamnart in the past. It's actually a cool site and has great images for scholastics.
    However, the images seem to be to mundane. Where every school or school function (or other, I doubt they are limited to just schools) tend to look the same.
    Granted, by them having a certain look, their production time is cut way down since all they have to do is replace a certain mascot head onto a generic body template. Which is why they have a tone of images.
    When I created the mascots for TLC I wanted to have as much variety as possible. Different style to each mascot, yet keep it looking like a mascot and not clip art. Giving them personality. Plus it's not expensive ;)
    I also keep in mind that not everyone has photoshop or Corel. That's why I do not export the mascots as PSD files. I export the mascots to the most popular file formats. This way, TLC users or anyone else can use the mascots just a well as a photoshop user. Hi-resolution PNG formats work great with TLC.
    I have yet to put out more mascots very soon. I am curious to know what people think and all comments are welcome if you wish to stop by the site. My goal is to make peoples businesses stand out :) http://borpeantown.com/