Making Youtube "Bumpers" in Channel Art Software....

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by hannoverfist, Nov 30, 2014.

1. hannoverfist

hannoverfist

OK...
    so I bought the new Youtube Channel Art software and I wanted to make a Youtube "bumper" using the templates. Hey, no explanation on how to import, fit and setup the video(s) onto the template.

In the sales video the guy gets right up to that point and side steps it. YIKES!!! Really? The most confusing issue is totally not addressed? I have looked all over to find an answer.

Anyone?

Thanks!

2. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Okay, I'm NOT a youtube guru, but I do have a channel. What is a 'youtube bumper' ?

Gochoa3664 likes this.
  3. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Its a background graphic with placeholders (put your video here) designed to be used on your youtube channel. equate it with a Menu found on a DVD where you may see some video overlays, each with a small repeating clip of video.... gs.JPG

4. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

HANDOVERFIST:

The bumper templates (One is shown above) simply serve as a still background image. You don't actually place any video into the black boxes, while in the Logo Creator, you use whatever video editing software you have that can handle "composting"--- a fancy way of adding layers, and must also be able to adjust the thumbnail size.

You make your bumper video, and add onto the end of what ever video you are showing.

I've investigated quite a bit, downloading and testing 8 different programs, on the easiest, least expensive way of doing this, my synopsis: you either will spend close to $200, or you will utilize the program I talk about in the below post. There does not appear to a program out there which allows multiple video thumbnails, which is cheap and easy, EXCEPT FOR THE PROGRAM MENTIONED IN THE NEXT POST.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  5. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

I've just came across a free program that can handle the bumper creation with ease:

http://www.videosoftdev.com/free-video-editor/download

I'm uploading a test video to my youtube channel it should be live by 430am west coast time...

That program in the link is quick, easy, and pretty on the eyes!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  6. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Cool! Thanks for the explanation there gcuneo2! :a plus:

7. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

IS the link to just the bumper video, I will add this video onto the end of another longer video, creating "the bumper"

I didn't edit the size of the black placeholder boxes, they really are not even needed, I could have deleted them, I was just slapping something together.

I suppose I could actually hyperlink each video thumbnails to open up in youtube....

8. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Updated video, showing the bumper at the end...