MAKE A FACEBOOK TEMPLATE OVERLAY!

Discussion in 'Facebook Timeline Set' started by gcuneo2, Feb 24, 2015.

1. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

It's frustrating to set up a facebook template, put some text on it, make it look all pretty---- you post it on Facebook, ONLY TO HAVE YOUR FACEBOOK PROFILE PHOTO HIDE SOMETHING CRITICAL!

I figured out how to make your own "overlay" to help you figure stuff out.
    This my be a bit clunky, but it works!

1. Open the facebook template you want to edit.

2. Open your facebook page, click on your name so you go the page with the pretty page header on it, that's the page with your timeline photo on it.

3. Do a simple screen capture of that header image, including the profile photo. You want to cut off the bottom part of the profile pix--- make the screen capture match the bottom edge of the page header. In windows you can use the snip tool.

template overlay.JPG

4. Import that screen captured image to The Logo Creator.

5. Change that imported image opacity to 50% (.5).

6. You now will see if your profile photo, THE "UPDATE PHOTO" BUTTON, OR "VIEW ACTIVITY LOG" BUTTON IS HIDING ANYTHING!

fake template.JPG Given this example I would need to move the "www.mysite.com" text a bit. I would also want to make the orange diamond, with its surrounding text a bit smaller.

I would then delete that semi transparent screen capture, move my stuff, and check it once again by importing the image, and changing the opacity to 50% again.

NOW WASN'T THAT EASY???

gunsmoke likes this.
  2. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

CHANGE 1:

In photoshop I made a facebook template: I made red transparent boxes in an image the same size as a template.

I then created a custom folder in my logo templates directory, and put just that template in there (in must be in the PNG format).

Now when I want to see how a facebook template fits, I just open up the facebook timeline template folder, and drag and drop it to check it out!

FT.JPG

This is the png file / template I made... it's actually the samesize of a facebook template....

FB template overlay.png

Gochoa3664, snginc and gunsmoke like this.
  3. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Awesome Glenn! I'm saving this page so I can come back to it. That just works like a champ!!

4. Gochoa3664

Gochoa3664

Excellent..thanks Glenn!