Mac Osx Installation nightmare

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator' started by Ben74, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Ben74

Ben74

Hello all !

I checked the FAQ, installed the version 5 and the updates to version 6 many times but without any success.

So far the bug / issues are the following :
    - Version 5 gets installed where it's supposed to be installed, i.e. under the Application folder of Mac OSX
    - Version 6 gets installed on the desktop for some unknown reasons (I always indicated the Applications folder during the version 6 update)

And then when I can finally use version 6, there is not a single template available in the application.

I check the folder /Users/MyUserName/Documents to try to find some template but still no success.

Can someone please help me ?

Thanks,

2. KD-did

KD-did

If you’re on a Mac, you must be running OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or OS 10.7 (Lion) for V6....V5 will not run but was required for the update. Contact Marc as multiple installing V5 and uninstalling might be an issue....the loss of files.

The file that should be in the "Document" is called "Laughingbird Documents" which contains 2 folders.One called Logo Elements and Logo Library.

3. Ben74

Ben74

Thanks, but I've read the FAQ and it's still not OK.

The folder :

/Users/MyUserName/Documents (which must be what you call "Documents" as it's the main Documents folder for the user) doesn't have any laughingbird folder.

And I'm running snow leopard 10.6.8

Any other solution ?

Thanks,

4. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Here's a wild idea:

Search for the following file:

a1Wow.TLC (with a date of 4/28/2012)

If you find it, that's where your templates are. a1Wow.TLC is The first Logo template TLC file as the are listed alphabetically.

On my computer (Win 7) it's located here: C:\Users\Glenn\Documents\Laughingbird Documents\Logo Libraries\Logo Templates\a1Wow

2ND WILD IDEA: Others in the past with MAC's (and 2 hard drives) have been putting the application portion of the program on one hard drive and the logo elements / templates on another--- any chance you are doing that?

5. Ben74

Ben74

Well I redid all the install from scratch (so starting with V5 and the using the update to V6) and it's still not working. The file a1Wow.TLC cannot be found.

I don't know what you mean by "Others in the past with MAC's (and 2 hard drives) have been putting the application portion of the program on one hard drive and the logo elements / templates on another" as the application never ask me to put the application or the templates somewhere (or it's not clear at all). The only choice I have during installation are :

For V5 :
    - Choose the install folder during the install, as all mac apps I choose the "Applications" folder

For V6 :
    - It asked if I want to do an update from V5 (that what I want to do)
    - then it asked for a "search folder" (what the hell is this ?). So as I guess it needs the folder where the V5 was installed I also point it at the "Applications" folder. Maybe that's what you mean with "template location" ? If it's the case it's not stated anywhere. Does it mean it should nbe pointing elsewhere.

There is a bug somewhere but it's really hard to tell where. Very annoying. Maybe it's related to the very curious behavior of installing the application on the desktop (what no application ever did on mac osx).

Any other solution ?

Cheers,

6. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

After the program got all installed they manually moved the logo template and logo element libraries to the other hard drive. TLC only looks in one location for the libraries.

7. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

The file a1Wow.TLC cannot be found. That alone tells me you do not have a valid installation file. To the best of my knowledge, Marc (The owner) is working on a new installation package that will take care of the problem--- I just don't know when it will be available.

8. Galahad

Galahad

Hi there, same problem with me. What about the new installation package? Where can I download it?