Mac-I have version 6 and 6.6 in Applications folder?

Discussion in 'General Support' started by DentTech, Jun 16, 2013.

1. DentTech

DentTech

I just purchased Logo Creator and right after installation it said there was a version 6.6 update, which I updated. Now in my Applications folder I have 2 version (version 6 and version 6.6).

Do/Should I delete the older version? Will it cause any files to go missing?

2. KD-did

KD-did

No you should not delete other folder. The V6 should have been placed in the "Documents" folder.

3. DentTech

DentTech

I'm sorry but this is on a Mac.

Should have been more clear but I have two Logo Creator apps in my Applications folder. One called:

1) The Logo Creator v6

2) The Logo Creator v6.6

This doesn't seem right to me so I thought I'd ask. I just purchased The Logo Creator and v6 was the one that installed and as soon as I got it installed it pretty much said there was an update and I did to version 6.6

Are you saying I have to keep both applications?

4. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Sure, go ahead and keep both. There are some features in 6.0 that are not in 6.6. They both share the same logo libraries and templates anyway. The program files for 6.0 are about 60MB in size, which is peanuts!

5. DentTech

DentTech

I'm not concerned about the size rather than why I'd need to software applications.

Can you tell me the exact features that are not in 6.6 that is not in 6.0?

I see no reason to keep both if one is supposed to be newer. Why didn't they update 6.6 to have 6.0 features if people wanted them?

6. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

here are some right off the top of my head.....
    • There were some "behind the scenes" updates to make the program a bit more responsive.
    • Logos as big as 2280 x 2280 in 6.0 (in 6.6 it's 1440 x 1440).
    • Saving in multiple locations is much easier in 6.6.
    • There is a grid line to help align things in 6.6 (not in 6.6)
    • You can save stuff as SWF (Abobe flash file) in 6.6, but not 6.0.
    • The splash screen when you first begin contains more info in 6.6 than 6.0.
      Business card templates integrated into 6.6 (in earlier versions it was a separate product).
    • You can copy and past images from the web.

7. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Thanks Glenn... and KD.
    DentTech, the version 6.0 and version 6.6 icons have slightly different features. BUT, they both point to the same graphics files

(which are located in you documents folder > Laughingbird documents > Logo Libraries and Logo Elements)

You can keep both v6 and v6.6 icons.
    As Glenn said, they do slightly different things ... with version 6.6 being the preferred software as its the most recent.

Marc