lower case logos

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by dolphin, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolphin

dolphin

Hi All!

I was wondering what you graphic designers thought about using all lower case letters in a logo?

Thanks!

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Dolphin!

Lower case? ... sure!
    All lowercase letters may make the logo look unique.

This depends on the company you're designing for however.
    Keep in mind that all lower case letters may subtily portray the company as 'all lower case'.

The Logo may look great, but the company may not like it.
    If they do - you're gold!

Search Google for "Logo Designs" or "lower case logo designs" ... see what you get! Use the Google images tab.

- Marc

3. dolphin

dolphin

Thanks Marc,

The great thing is he LOVES it. His only comment/concern was that the "b" in the company name should be capitalized.

First of all this font doesn't do caps (I don't think) and I think it could be more memorable this way.

I've attached the logo for you to see what I'm talking about.

Thanks for the feedback.
    [​IMG]

4. Doc

Doc Staff Member

Nice logo :)
    If your client wants the first letter of his company in upper case why not use a different font just for the B and your chosen font for the rest of the Logo

5. dolphin

dolphin

I tried that but couldn't find one I liked. I also didn't think the ones that I tried complimented the rest of the text. It almost stood out too much and took away from the rest of the logo.

I guess it would work if I found the right font.

6. Doc

Doc Staff Member

Have you tried Courier Bold? going from memory the serifs in courier just might match the ones in your existing font.

7. KD-did

KD-did

Maybe this B made with "powderworks brk" font will be able to make your client happy. I had hoped that the font downloaded off a font site would have both upper and lower case but, it is only in lower case. I used the b from the font and then flipped and layered it to get the appearance of an upper case B.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to attach a png of the B here.:rant: and it does look a whole lot better as a png.But I do have it as a png if you PM me and give me an addy to send it to you.

8. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.