Loose the DEMO on the trial canvas.

Discussion in 'Wish list for future releases' started by BassDaddy, May 5, 2004.

1. BassDaddy

BassDaddy

I am trying out the demo version and it's looking good so far! One thing that I think is a pain, and an unnecessary one at that, is the "demo" on the canvas. I understand the necessity of a watermark, but we can't export anyway so why have it there? I find it very hard to see what swooshes, etc. are mine and what are the nag screens. It makes it so that I cannot truely judge what kind of work I can do with this program.

Done ranting. Raves will come soon I am sure! :35:

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

What to do about "Demo" watermark

Hey Rich.

I've re-read your post here. It's an older post, but I wanted to respond to it.

The watermark is there to prevent simply taking a screen shot of the logo. It actually bothered me in the beginning as well. I just don't know another solution.

A user could simply download the demo - create their logo and take a screen shot of the canvas with any number of little apps out there. They'd have their logo instantly.

Since you've been playing with the software for awhile now since this post, any ideas on how to offer a demo, yet keep the pirates away?

Talk to you soon BD!

- Marc

3. LogoManiac

LogoManiac

Marc, this is in response to your response and granted, it's a few months old but still a valid issue for developement of the software.

The watermark is used by many different graphic program demos out there so you are not alone in using this method. And your concerns about screen captures are obviously right on the money. The issue of Piracy is a concern for all developers and there probably will not ever be a 100% secure method of preventing piracy. Hard core crackers are not going to be stopped easily as has been proved even with deep pocketed corps(see Microsoft and Win XP) but developers have to do whatever they can to protect themselves.

4. BassDaddy

BassDaddy

Try using a small, pale, repeated DEMO like this. It will show more often without getting in the way of seeing how good you can do with TLC.

5. BassDaddy

BassDaddy

DM, are you refering to my post or Marc's?

6. blackknight

blackknight

I am running the 3.5 version and it works great and has the bonus logos but when I install the 3.6 version I get the watermarks. What am I supposed to purchase to get rid of the watermark. Question: I want to buy the all in one pack. Are there 10 sets in the complete pack or 8. And how does it work when I install all of the sets? Do they all work under the same logo library, I mean when I open the logo library will there be every logo set there instead of the present 26 logos, plus the extra logo objects? I am quite excited about what can be designed with these sets and in combination, that is alot of design capabilities. Are there going to be more sets coming in the near future?

7. LogoManiac

LogoManiac

blacknight.... if you purchase the all in one pack (MegaPak), you will get a key with your purchase. The key will not only unlock the MegaPak but also make available the logos from the demo.

The only thing you need to watch out for is the order of installation. Katie, one of the forum mods is aware of a specific order of installation that should prevent certain errors. The different 3.x versions sometimes cause these errors when installed in the wrong order. I'm not sure what version(s) the various editions are on the Digital River store.

More sets will undoubtedly be added in the future but you can also expand it yourself. There is a "import" feature that easily allows addition of your own images. Sometimes outside images need to be "cleaned up" some. For that I would suggest a free or inexpensive image editor.

As to your question as to what is contained in the MegaPak, it contains all the editions except the Objects ExpansionPak and the Mascots ExpansionPak.
    The Mascots ExpansionPak is not to be confused with The Mascot Edition(Mascot Edition IS included in the MegaPak).

Here's a link to the MegaPak Digital River page

Hope this answers your questions. :D

:)

8. blackknight

blackknight

Thank You

What a great forum and a wonderful and supportive group of people.Thanks! I have another question: I have been doing some logos and they are great but what do I do with them now. How do I give them (their new logo) to the customer? Do I give them a paper copy, on floppy or disc and how do I make the final copy.. camera ready so it has clean edges. I attempted a portfolio and I e-mailed my images to a local printer but when it came back the images were slightly blurred and definetely not camera ready or crisp.I am learning something new everytime I come in the forum and the answer may be there but I don't have the time to filter thru everything that is in there. Is the mega pac payable in u.s. funds if I order it.And can I get a hard copy with a key or does it have to be downloaded. I was just concerned if I download and I want to move it to another computer in the future if I will be able to do that. Thats it, thanks people, Greg

9. KD-did

KD-did

Greg, you maybe able to glean some good information from http://www.thelogocreator.com/printing.htm . You may have better results with e-mailed logos if use a PDF save.

I have always order a hard copy when placing a TLC order. To me $10.95 to cover my entire ordered is well spent because of the time it saves if you should loose a hard drive or should experience file corruption or want to load it on a new computer. If you haven't ordered the CD you can go back and get a fresh download by visiting http://www.thelogocreator.com/orderlookup.htm .

10. blackknight

blackknight

thank you :banana

11. LogoManiac

LogoManiac

There is also the home brew option. It is of course dependant on you having a CD burner.
    1. Download your purchased software.
    2 Put the "unlock key" into a text file.
    3. Burn your download and text file to a CD.
    4. Keep your CD in a safe place