Looking for...

Discussion in 'Resource & Recommendations' started by rachaelp, Aug 27, 2004.

1. rachaelp

rachaelp

Good pinup clipart. Whether it's a silhouette or full image. Doesn't have to be clipart, I suppose. Just images I can use in my work.

I can't seem to find anything on clipart.com and only 1 on hemera.com. If you know of anything decent, please let me know!

Rachael

2. KD-did

KD-did

You should be able to get what you need from the list of DINGBATS that I pm'ed you.

3. jcwings

jcwings

Katie,

Would you be willing to share the dingbat list? I'm looking for dingbats myself.

Thanks,

JC

4. KD-did

KD-did

Do you want the same list or a list of dingbats? There are probably thousands of dingbats in existance and I don't have a list of those. It is well worth your time to look at dingbats as a source of images for logos. A good source for dingbats is http://dafont.com/en/

Look to font sites and do a search for dingbats.

5. maryann

maryann

I went to the site you suggested... downloaded the dingbats... but now I don't know how to use them as images.... they are all listed as TTF's and if I put them in my font folder...and then try to use them in TLC, nothing show up...
    can you tell me how to use the dingbats?

6. KD-did

KD-did

After they are installed to your OS's font folder. You will need to open TLC. "MODIFY add a new text element. Type the letter of the image you are going to use, then call up the dingbat in system fonts. In short order the letter will turn to an image. Then you will be able to do anything to that image that you can do to fonts.

Sometimes they use upper case letters , sometimes lower case letters and sometimes it doesn't matter it will use either. When you don't get a corresponding image just the case of the letter.

7. maryann

maryann

Thanks... I'll try it that way....

works great : O-Yeah: ... I guess I just have to keep playing with the letters to get the right image to views..

Thanks a lot....

8. KD-did

KD-did

9. daredd

daredd

Stay posted

I have thousands of these types available

I first need to load them to the server.......I'll provide the index url shortly so you or any others can go in to pick what you think will work for you.

10. daredd

daredd

11. KD-did

KD-did

I finally had a chance to look...all I can say is I am REALLY impressed with the quality and variety. I can't wait to see more of what you have to offer.