looking for sun clip art

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator Gallery' started by Skitzo, Jan 28, 2006.

1. Skitzo

Skitzo

Hey all,

In my quest for logo creation I'm trying to find cool clipart of a sun. Kind of like the attached template pic (I'd like it to be completely round. There has to be a site out there somewhere...any idea as to where?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. LogoManiac

LogoManiac

Depending on which images you have available to use, the sun is pretty easy to make out of a circle and using the gradient coloring tool in TLC. Matching the colors is relatively easy using the ColorSelector I mentioned in this post:

http://www.logodesignforum.com/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=3548

After you make the basic sun, you can export it, and then import into image editor or paint type program and add the swirls. Just google "free paint program" and I'm positive you will turn up something. I tried with the swirls in TLC but most of them are elipses and didn't look right in round gradient.

3. Skitzo

Skitzo

Thanks L.M. - I think I've come up with something here - it's in the "HELP" thread if you want to take a look.

I like those fold art design, which is why I'm still looking for the sun graphics. Kind of "hippie" art. You see girls with those types of tatoos on their shoulders and backs all the time.

I'm also trying to figure out a good way to put text on a curve - circle. Logo Creator can do it but it seems teh letters are not spaced evenly and ine is higher than another..... what is a good program (EASY to use) for this? I have Paint Shop Pro 9. but I don't know how to do it.

4. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Creating text on a curve

Hi Skitzo.

Nice to see your party face again :)

Text on a curve should be easy with The Logo Creator. Some fonts, yes, don't space properly, but you can always manually space them with the slider found in the Format button area (see the screenshot below).

You can also adjust the circle width.

FYI - the new version of The Logo Creator (which I'm launching this week) will have a faster rendering engine for the text on a circle feature.

You can always 'double up' on the text. You don't have to use the same line of text for the top AND bottom of the circle.

See the example screen shots I've created. Notice that the font on the bottom is different than the font on top.
    (The second line - the line that's shaped like a smile - should be created on the second line of the text field.

Hope this helps some Skitz!

- Marc

Attached Files:

5. Skitzo

Skitzo

Ahhhh.... so it's finding the right fonts to use eh? Is there a list of fonts out there which are "circle path friendly"?

6. LogoManiac

LogoManiac

Seperating the curved elements into seperate lines(upper and lower) as Marc
    suggests is something I do all the time.

As far as words that "bunch up" on the curve and don't look properly spaced....
    you have an option here that is more of a trick than anything. What I do is first
    lay down a temporary circle element of the size of the curve I want. Then I
    seperate out the word that is giving me "bunching" problems into 2 or more
    elements by duplicating the element, editing the text, and applying it around
    my circle template. Breaking up a word this way allows you to fine tune it to
    get rid of the unwanted "bunching" effect. After you are done, just delete the
    temporary circle guide.

The above trick works really well in TLC for working with irregular curves.
    First, use drawing program like Paintshop Pro or even something as basic as
    MS Paint to make a quick and dirty image of the the irregular curve you want to
    follow. Save your image and import into TLC. Then just use the "word break-up"
    trick I mentioned above for placing the segments of the word. Viola! Words on
    irregular curves without the expense of those "more powerful" programs! :WOW1:

7. wacki56

wacki56 Super Mod

COOL:attention .....so we have something to look forward to THIS WEEK!! I'll be anxiously waiting to see what the newest version has to offer.
    Thankx,

Bill

8. Bushmac

Bushmac

I can give you some JPEG sun images if you want.
    Bushmac.

9. HiJacKingQueen

HiJacKingQueen

Here comes the sun..

:boydance:

Attached Files:

10. wacki56

wacki56 Super Mod

11. perfectjewel

perfectjewel

Wacki.

Although this is a work day for me, I've been sitting here for the past hour mesmerized by Billy's story. I ached with the family, smiled at some of the victories, was brought to tears by the hardship and couldn't mobilize myself to put one foot in front of the other to begin my day. I stop for now, but will pick it up as soon as work is over. God bless!

12. wacki56

wacki56 Super Mod

That is exactly what I try to get across when I right Billy's update's. Living in the "world of cancer" is a terrible thing, and our Children don't deserve this. Thank you for taking notice, and for your Prayer's. Billy certainly needs everyone he can get.

Bill

Billy's Page

13. giftbowtique

giftbowtique