Logo Similarities

Discussion in 'Raves and Rants' started by GraphiXcode, Jun 6, 2004.

1. GraphiXcode

GraphiXcode

I'm hoping this is the proper place to file a complaint or concern.

I have done SEVERAL logos in here for other members here in the group and I have also noticed that there are similar logos coming off my designs. I must say as a graphic artist... that is the ONE thing that ticks an artist off worse than anything in the world. I'm not pointing fingers because I'm not the one that has the problem with design concept within the group, but I will point out that if the only skills that this individual has is to go and copy other logos, you might want to reconsider your career as a "DESIGNER"​

2. jamirae

jamirae

Jennifer,

I hadnt notice this, can you point to an example?

They do say that "imitation is the highest form of flattery". :) Although if the person in question is trying to market or sell logos that are a knock-off of a unique design that you created from scratch (i.e. not one created from TLC template logos) then I would question it for sure. Have you tried to PM or email this person to inquire? Perhaps it's just an honest attempt to learn more design processes and create a logo while using your designs as a model? Could be a learning thing.

3. GraphiXcode

GraphiXcode

I just PM'd ya Jami...

4. Eddy Killops

Eddy Killops

Hi Jennifer,

I just looked through a few message threads that you have posted in and am not able to see any logos that you have done copied here? Did I miss something?

Eddy