Logo review request

Discussion in 'Logos and other Graphics reviewed' started by sphere_nine, Mar 8, 2009.

1. sphere_nine

sphere_nine

Hi All,

I'm brand new to this forum, and almost brand new to logo design. I've designed a rough draft of a logo for my company, and wanted to get some input and feedback from all of you.

Here's the draft:

[​IMG]

They type is just dummy text for now, and I just added it in so everyone can get a feel for the full logo. On the symbol, I'm particularly interested in any feedback that will help me to improve it. Also, I'm planning on mapping the letters to the sphere, but haven't figured out how to do it yet. :image10-1:

Feel free to ask if more information would be helpful, and thanks in advance for any input or suggestions. :image10-2:

Sam

2. ejackson21st

ejackson21st

I am responding, not as a logo expert (which I'm not) just as a reader. I do lots of original photoshop art and some commercial layouts for brochures and newsletters.

I find your logo to be attractive and original. My question is...does the design represent something that someone in the media you are targeting will get a "feel" for?

I personally can't connect it to anything tangible or to a "feel" that you may want to emote. My desktop has 5 blue circles (icons) with white graphics on them as shortcuts. There are two of them with initials on them, which give me a clue as to what they represent. The others have symbols that I don't recognize easily so I forget I ever had a reason to use them.

There may be a good reason to use the blue circle with white graphics which I am not aware of. It may be getting "over-used" and will cause them all to look less original than they started out being.

3. ejackson21st

ejackson21st

I'll take a guess.

The logo represents a "film reel", those are 4 "9's" and they are in a blue sphere?

If so then perhaps the design will connect well to your industry audience. If I were using this concept in a photoshop art project I would try to get the nine's to look "less on top" and more "recessed" or blended into the sphere.

This may not be easy or practical to do with logo art and software.

4. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

eJackson...
    Great feedback and questions.

If sphere_nine is still around (I see this post was originally written on March 9th); give this a shot.

Although this forum was originally meant for users using The Logo Creator software, its now open to all designers - feel free to give him what he (she?) wants using any software. Photoshop, Illustrator, even Xara... whatever you wish.

Good luck.
    And again, nice observations in your questioning.

Marc

5. ejackson21st

ejackson21st

Wow! I feel like I just won the lottery to have gotten a reply from the FOUNDER.

Thanks for your comments. I hate being critical of the works of others, but I love it when others share constructive critiques of my work. So since they asked.....! I'm sure by now sphere nine has completed a successful logo.

I originally came on to the site to look for your web site design packages but was curious about this thread you had on page 1 so I thought I'd view some of these submissions first.

Nice touch!