Logo prints fuzzy??

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by tcm278, Dec 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tcm278

tcm278

I have created a logo and saved it as a Jpeg using 600dpi resolution. When I import it to Publisher and enlarge it it prints a little fuzzy?? I tried to export it as .bmp but when i import it in Publisher as a bmp it shows up blank.

Thanks

2. DHS

DHS

Any time you enlarge a picture, the size of the dot in the dpi increases which therefor decreases the sharpness if the picture, hench it prints fuzzy.

Publisher is just a progam to creat pages.

I suggest that you enlarge the picture to the size that you need it to be in a image editing program and save it. Most imageing programs will adjust the dpi setting as you increase or decrease a pictures size. Then instead of having to enlarge the picture in Publisher you just import the new sized picture. It should print clearly then.

3. KD-did

KD-did

DHS is right also there maybe some fuzziness due to effects done to text....such as text shadowing.

4. tcm278

tcm278

Thanks for the reply's. Is there a good easy to use "image editing program" out there to download say for Free?? Also there are no text effects just straight text. It also printed fuzzy when put on business cards and made small. Does it matter when I export the logo the size that I export it in?

Thanks!!

5. KD-did

KD-did

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.