Logo output

Discussion in 'General Support' started by Porgie, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Porgie

Porgie

Hi I've just attempted to design some business cards online using my logo created in the creator. However the image was not a high enough resolution and the proof looked ridiculous.

How can I output at 300dpi at least??

Thanks

2. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Post your image here in the forum you're having problems with--- betcha that will tell me all I need to know--- please the the exact image you are trying to print online...

What image are you actually using-- Some customers in the past have "navigated" to the folder the business card (or logo) and tried to use the thumbnail image as the picture to print up and use. The thumbnails vary is size a bit but are typically only about 300 x 100 in size.

3. Porgie

Porgie

Thanks. As soon as I get to my Imac tomorrow I will forward it to the forum. But I understood that once you export the JPG or PNG that the resolution would be fine.

4. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

Yeah, that's generally the case. Some folks have done some funky exporting resulting in poor quality.

5. Porgie

Porgie

6. Porgie

Porgie

thats it ^^ But when I did some business cards using the jpeg - the printer reported that it was inadequate quality. I took it into photoshop and it is 72dpi - but I need 300dpi.

7. gcuneo2

gcuneo2

I'm in my classroom right now (I'm a teacher) so I won't have access to my software for 10 hours.
    From what I can tell you should have no problem printing this up on a businesscard.

This link 'splains it pretty clearly: http://blog.fotolia.com/us/2006/05/23/why-are-my-images-only-72-dpi/

Photoshop only defaults to 72ppi (not dpi) when opening a Jpeg. Jpeg's are primarily for web use and 72ppi is the standard screen resolution.

With Tiff and Raw files it defaults to the cameras resolution usually 240ppi.
    Your image has 195kB of info to work with, so thats no problem.

For right now, ignore the 72dpi info, set your printer to 300dpi (That's my default for my lazer printer).

If you increase your output dpi to 600dpi, or 1200 dpi for example your image will proportionally shrink.

Attached is a quick view of your image info. I wont be able to respond, or do any test printings for about 10 hours! image.JPG

8. Porgie

Porgie

Ok thanks for reply. It was the commercial printer that had the problem. x