Logo needed - wish I'd found this place earlier!

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by angelkelly, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. angelkelly

angelkelly

Hey guys,

I wish I'd found this site before! I've been let down by my third logo designer in a row (sourced off forums and non ever came through with anything) so I Googled logo designer and here I am - lol

I have no clue how much the guys here might charge, so you'll have to quote me...

Heres my site (not 'open' yet but after the logos done I'll be able to open it up as I'm adding the base posts, rules etc)

Heres what I need:
    A distinct image logo - preferably no more than 3 colours as I intend to purchase printed items to give away as freebies in the future. I will also need a larger version of it, suitable for printing on mugs, mouse mats, t shirts etc.

My initial idea was to have a pound sign with an S and an N incorporated, but I am completely open to ideas as long as it fits in with what the sites about.

The site is a family forum, providing free coupon codes to users for them to save money off their shopping, along with competitions, freebies etc

I also need a word logo/ banner - A nice fancy script with my sites name to replace the one on there- obviously the one on there was a 30 second photoshop just so I could see where it was going to go.

I'm open to all colours, and the only colours that will remain unchanged on my site are the blues and white, I will randomly swap the background and header colours between yellow, red, blue and green.

I've deliberatley not used my sites name here as I havent plugged it into the search engines yet :duh:, and I dont want the first few people who look for it to be directed to requests for help, so I'd truely appreciate it if you could refer to it as SN instead of the whole name (sorry to be a pain)

Thanks for your help, I look forward to hearing from you. If you have any questions just ask and I'll get back to you asap!

Thanks,
    Kelly:thankyou:

2. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Hi Kelly!

Welcome to the forum.
    Good luck with your logo. I'm sure you'll get some nice responses.

Have fun in here!

Marc

3. angelkelly

angelkelly

Thanks Marc!

Having a poke round - lol - theres some great info here, and its a good looking site too!

I'll deffinatley be adding it to favorites

And for the logo genuises just thought I better add:
    I can send you the current ones for size purposes if needed.... or if you want any of the spcific colour hexes from my site I can send you those aswell as I coded that part of the template.
    My site has a liquid layout... meaning no matter how big your monitor is the site expands to the full width and height... the logo doesnt expand as its just a linked in image file - but thought I better say incase it made a difference.

Thanks!

4. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

[​IMG]

5. angelkelly

angelkelly

Thanks for that...its a good effort and unique.... but its not quite there...

Heres why:
    I want to print the design on mugs, t shirts, usb sticks etc to give away... gradients will kill my chances of large scale printing because of the cost, where block colours are far cheaper for me.

I'm not quite sure what the L shaped item is, aswell as the circles and how they fit into my site. What are they conveying? What will users think when they see them?

If I removed the back ground and had that printed on a white mug for example, then you wouldnt see the white lettering.

So although in itself it good, the imagery is not quite what we are after...

6. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

Hello kelly,

thank you for your comments. I was just testing the water.
    i need to get feed back that way i can revise as it goes
    thats why i asked you to msn me so i could send you revised logos
    graham

7. awalck

awalck Staff Member

Hi Kelly, welcome to the forum!

Cool idea for a site. Here's my thoughts. I'm leaning towards the darker blue, which would still blend with your "site blue" (the one on the right). Happy logo hunting.

Attached Files:

8. awalck

awalck Staff Member

Here's an enhanced version.

Attached Files:

9. awalck

awalck Staff Member

Ooh, had another idea (sorry I'm stuck on the heart idea, but I am :) )

Enjoy.

Attached Files:

10. Topcatz

Topcatz Guest

Client's request

3 colors, must be able to scale from coffee cup to T shirt and work on web site.....I did 2 one without border and 1 with.
    for the web site a border is important for adding to banners etc.. (I would love to animate this design for web site...The color blue can be changed as per client request......Topcatz

Attached Files:

11. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

nailed it

Nailed it with that last one awalck,
    Good color scheme, cool grafix, i like the way you instantly recognize the heart shape and how it forms the "invisible" pound symbol with the abstract blue shape.
    The tagline is nicely incorporeted and reinforces the symbolism of the grafix. (hope this makes sense, english is not my first language.)

My 2 cents.
    :image31:
    MD

12. awalck

awalck Staff Member

Thanks MD - I appreciate the kind words. Your english is doing fine! :)

13. angelkelly

angelkelly

I love it! (get the pun)

Very professional, simple, unique, I havent seen anything like it, and the addition of (and relevance to my site) the tag line is superb! The idea is there... something beyond the pound sign yet incorporating it...

Wow was my first thought... I'm stuck beyond that... (ok I've stylise the letters and have them seperate.. but that way I could have the logo bigger - lol) but wow!

I hope your a full time pro, if your not I'd suggest you pack in your current job and start up your own logo service!

14. awalck

awalck Staff Member

Thank you Kelly. You've made me blush. :) I must say I had fun with this one. I also took your suggestion about the holiday and... I could be up all night coming up with ideas for every holiday. Anyway... thanks again for the fun.

Attached Files:

15. angelkelly

angelkelly

I absolutley adore the pumpkin man too!

You have email- lol

PM me and lets have a chat about them
    Please! lol :image04-1:

16. awalck

awalck Staff Member

Thanks Kelly. I will PM you shortly.

17. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

well done allen some great work there i have been watching this with interest with kelly in msn chatting to me

nice tight work,now get the logos done for kelly lol

graham

18. angelkelly

angelkelly

And the second absolute star of the evening!

Pushy pushy,tut tut - lol

Fonts from one master and images from another - whos a lucky girl? lol

A huge thanks to Graham for being a star! I can see why they'd want you as a mod :-) You never sleep for a start - lol

Thanks guys!

19. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

it was nothing my lady now get some sleep you will need it after i have stressed you out tomorrow :image28::image28::image24:

20. angelkelly

angelkelly

lmao!

Me thinks its the other way around lol

Night

And thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.