Logo needed for a non-profit kids camp

Discussion in 'Logo Designs' started by HisServant, Mar 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HisServant

HisServant

Do you own The Logo Creator? I can take the logo in any format you may have.

Type of design: Logo

Summary: The organization is called Camp Good News. We are in Illinois and are a small non-profit evangelical camp for kids ages 7-13. We have 8 weeks of camps in the summer and there serve many inner-city kids. Two weeks of our camps are only for kids with one or more parents incarcerated. Over 65% of kids who come to our camp are given a scholarship. We are owned by an organization called Child Evangelism Fellowship (cefonline.com). Our small camp website is campgoodnewsil.org. The logo is for this summer’s camp program.

Full requirements: We need a logo for our theme Kingdom Quest. We will use a medieval motif with a castle backdrop being constructed in the front of our chapel.
    The Bible lessons will be from the book of Daniel and then the attributes of God that relate to each story. Our focus by using the stories in Daniel is to help kids learn to walk with God in a world that does not know Him and to learn how to make right choices when it is hard.

Company Name: This summer’s theme to appear on the logo is Kingdom Quest

Desired tagline:
    walk with the King

Color scheme: Maybe something “regal” (yellow, gold, ??) that would fit on a dark purple shirt or dark blue or ???. No more than two colors to make printing shirts cheaper.

Desired style: Something simple with a medieval AND spiritual (cross, drawing of Jesus, ???) look and feel. It will be used for kids shirts and material we print this summer to give to them.

Notes to designers:
    Thanks so much for your help. We don’t have much money because we give out so much in scholarship. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for reading and helping!!

Thanks so much!! :SayingHi:
    Dennis Schwarm
    Program Director
    Camp Good News

Those who dance
    are considered insane
    by those who
    cannot hear the music.

~George Carlin

2. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

heres something to get it going for you!!!!!

Attached Files:

3. HisServant

HisServant

Thanks for your work!
    I like it but it isn't "kidish." (is that a word?...no!)
    This is for a kids camp ages 7-13

4. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

Any examples you can show to give us idea what you are looking for

5. HisServant

HisServant

I just came on staff from another place.
    This is the graphic they used last year.
    It had "Seeking Hidden Treasure" written on it as well.
    I think this was too "busy" but it communicated and kid like.

Attached Files:

6. Randy...

Randy... Guest

I would like to help you out. Give me a couple of days to get some other stuff out of the way and I'll see if I can produce something you like.

7. HisServant

HisServant

Thanks Digger for your interest and help! I will be out of town for a week for some all day meetings but will take my laptop and hopefully check in each evening. Thanks for your help and patience if I don't respond back quickly.

Dennis

8. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Dennis - your not real far away from my area and we also have a Christian Camp - Camp Illiana. Ever heard of it?

9. HisServant

HisServant

My wife and I moved to Illinois from the Pacific Northwest in January 2007 so I am still learning Central USA geography. Yes, I have heard of your camp but don't know anything about it. Found you website and it looks like God has given your a special place to serve. Hey, you are even in the "right" time zone!
    :image28: :image28:

10. Randy...

Randy... Guest

I don't really serve there, but we are partner Church that helps support it. I have several friends that work and serve there. It is a special place.

11. HisServant

HisServant

Quick question. Why won't my picture profile show up? I uploaded an *.gif image that is only 48kb. It shows it uploaded but does not display. I check in the options and everything seems turned on. Thanks for your help.
    Dennis

12. Randy...

Randy... Guest

I see the Camp Good News pic in your public profile, but you need to select or upload into your Avatar (which will display beside your name.)

13. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Very rough --- just had few minutes, but wanted to start kicking off some ideas. As Lamo said above, if you happen to stumble on something you like, post it or post the link.

[​IMG]

14. HisServant

HisServant

Thanks for the info on the pic...it worked.

Now, that's interesting. It IS a good start. My wife, Cindy, is still at the office. Let me have her look at it as well and then I'll send you my comments...but I like the idea.

15. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Another look - different layout.

KQ2gif.gif

16. HisServant

HisServant

You're working hard. I like the cross as the T in "the" and the path idea. The font seems to work as well. I'm going to wait again until Cindy gives her thoughts as well. Thanks for all your work!

17. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Another option that could be clean and easy for a t-shirt.

KQ2.jpg

18. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Yet another one -- I really can't pull myself away from this project. :image10:

kq3.jpg

19. HisServant

HisServant

WOW! are you getting any of your own work done???
    Cindy is here and we are convinced we must be "kindred spirits."
    We really like what you have been doing!
    Let me share things we like and you can decide how you might use them.
    We like the path idea because it shows you are going somewhere on this walk.
    We like the font from the first ones because it looks like it is moving and "flows."
    We like the one with the castle but that castle doesn't "feel" right (I know I can say that to you because you'll understand!):image07:
    We like the last idea but the town looks "palestine" and might work better with something else...castle?...castle like???...maybe even heaven because that is where we are headed???...just tossing out ideas as I'm typing.
    We are just blown away with your creativity and passion!!
    Thanks for making our day.
    Just to let you know as I mentioned earlier we fly out at 6 am tomorrow and will try to get online when we can...hopefully at least each evening and maybe more.
    Thanks again!

20. HisServant

HisServant

Another thought about the last one...we do like it...especially having the cross be more prominent. the colors look good as well. I think the town would also make us print in 4 colors and we would like to stay in 2.

You're quite the "artist.":image07-1:

Dennis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.