Logo link codes...

Discussion in 'Hints and Tips' started by Blacksheep, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Blacksheep

Blacksheep

Well I gave up waiting 5 hours to download my program yesterday and went to the store and found the Logo Creater. I had to pay a little more, but it was better than waiting 5 hours. Anyway now I have my logo made and I'm really happy with it. It is as the bottom of my "Easy Family Genealogy Tips" page @ http://www.easyfamilygenealogytips.homestead.com if you'd like to see how it turned out. Now when I'm exchanging it with other website owners I need to know how to make the code to get the logo transferred for the other sites. Does anybody know how to do that?

Well I guess I'll log off for awhile and go make my husband's business logo now. Thanks everybody for all your help yesterday!

Blacksheep

2. denhom

denhom

At the bottom of your website are a lot of logos and graphics; which one did you make with TLC?

And to be honest with you, I normally do not click on links like that, because you never know what you might be getting yourself into. Even if you are on the up-and-up, it is still not the right way to get people to your site. In my mind, it would be better to include your logo in your post, AND include a link to your site. I can see your logo, and, if I want, I can go to your site.

3. Blacksheep

Blacksheep

My logo...

My logo is at the very bottom underneath the copyright for the site. All those other banners are from web advertising sites. I'm not using my banner on my own site. I just put it on there in case someone wanted to do a banner exchange. In genealogy you get that a lot. Anyway, I have a guy that is wanting to put my logo on his website, because he liked my site, so I thought I'd get him the link code, but if nobody uses it, I guess he can just use my url address to link it to. It's not any big deal.

Blacksheep