logo ideas needed

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by TyHaegs, Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TyHaegs

TyHaegs

well i am changing the copyright on my photography from 360°

[​IMG]

the new one is named "Fishtail" as in to make your car fishtail. i of course specialize in car photography.

i have made a drawing but cannot seem to get it right in a logo. so far my idea is of a bone fish. kinda like this one but hopefully with more of a "tail" haha

[​IMG]

2. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Ok Im lost here...What do you need help with, Can you please tell what you would like to have here...Thanks.

3. TyHaegs

TyHaegs

sorry i think i posted this in the wrong section, but what i am needing is some ideas on how to make a logo like the fish above

4. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Well then, No you didnt post in the wrong section, I just didnt read what you were asking for :)
    Question for you then...Would you like a fish doing a burn -out with fishtail marks from the "supposed tires" behind him? or just a bone fish?

5. KD-did

KD-did

Ty, you are exactly where you are suppose to be and we are very happy you came!Welcome to the forum.

Here is a quick concept for your copyright.

6. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Heres another type of concept, kinda what I was talking about earlier, But no tires...

Attached Files:

7. TyHaegs

TyHaegs

cool but a little busy for my needs. It will always be displayed relatively small so simplicity will be key I believe

8. TyHaegs

TyHaegs

that's a cool one but still doesn't have that sketch/outline kind of look I am going for. You guys are obviously not using the logo maker to create these, maybe illustrator?

9. TyHaegs

TyHaegs

yeah nothing to fancy as the detail will be so small it would be hard to tell what it is. I may do an animation of a fish doing a burnout down the road for my website but for now I think a simple bone-type fish will do.

10. Worlock

Worlock Guest

Logo creator doesnt have any fish in it...But the logo itself was made with TLC just not the graphic.

11. Worlock

Worlock Guest

How about something like this, Its in the shape of a copyright and its small with detail?

Uh...do you want the word fishtail to be included or not?

Attached Files:

12. KD-did

KD-did

Going very simple

13. awalck

awalck Staff Member

Hi Ty,
    Worlock and KD - nice work and I liked where you were going. Due to lack of sleep - I combined the drawing, a car, and the name (didn't search for a good font b/c of time)... tada - a genetic carfish. LOL. enjoy. Ty, I just re-read and realized it might not be your fish, but I had already vectorized it to add some components to my car. Didn't try to steal someone's art. :image10-1:

Attached Files:

14. 3DS

3DS

hey Ty, this is starting to remind me of "Nitro Fish" icon, also sponsored on NHRA Pro Stock & Funny Cars and a few other things that go really fast. Google the image for some inspiration. Good luck!

15. TyHaegs

TyHaegs

:image09:

man that is almost exactly what i was going for...just a wicked/boney lookin fish

might just keep it uber simple by just making a mean looking shark tail

thanks for the link

16. TyHaegs

TyHaegs

:image28:

that is cool lookin. lol a little on the funny side, but still nice job combining the two.

17. awalck

awalck Staff Member

Thanks Ty.
    Alright, I couldn't resist the bait...

Attached Files:

18. TyHaegs

TyHaegs

alright ....the first one...how the heck did you do it? i attempted it the other night but of course was not successful.
    :(

i was looking for something a little more rough but i really love it a lot! would you like anything for it???

19. awalck

awalck Staff Member

Thanks Ty, glad you like it. I ended up drawing the name with Xara Xtreme. Someday I hope TLC will handle drawing, but then again it drives the price up. Anyway, I'll send you a pm about the use. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.