Logo Help.

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by Ravenkeep, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravenkeep

Ravenkeep

This is a new logo I did for a friend. I intend to make several for them to select from. However, before I go any further I would like some feedback on the one I designed. Is looks kind of skimpy to me. What do you all think?

[​IMG]

2. Ravenkeep

Ravenkeep

Well I changed the font and background, and added one more idea to it and came up with this. I still want to know what people think of it.

[​IMG]

3. Ravenkeep

Ravenkeep

OK. A new idea. However, to colors are horrible! I stick a picking good colors. To make matters worse to circles that I could use did not color well. However, here is the idea anyway.

[​IMG]

4. Ravenkeep

Ravenkeep

BARF! Those colors look uglier each time I look at it. Anyway, that is the company name Flash Air System Technologies, and they named it that on purpose; because, they wanted their company initials to spell FAST. Presently, a lightning bolt is their logo. Namely because they couldn't think of anything else.

What they do is they fix and install home air conditioning systems.

5. Ravenkeep

Ravenkeep

Well, I used one of the templates this time, simply because I thought it was just too funny to pass up.

[​IMG]

6. Ravenkeep

Ravenkeep

OK. Three more ideas I have come up with.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Ravenkeep

Ravenkeep

Meanwhile, where is all the great advice? This was suppose to be the sections where I get help with my designs. Don't worry about hurting my feelings, I know they are not fantastic, that is why I posted them here. I need feedback (i.e. Never use these colors together; Lightning bolts a too cliche; That text will not show up in print; etc..)

8. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Why not consult with your friend?

9. Ravenkeep

Ravenkeep

I wanted to perfect the idea before I brought it to the table.

10. rgatliff

rgatliff

I agree, you have several good designs there, I would pick the 2 best ones to show him, and get his feedback. Remember we can only interprete what they want, they are the only ones that know what they want.

11. Ravenkeep

Ravenkeep

WHAT?!:image12:

WOW! I was really bracing myself for some really tough constructive criticism. In fact when nobody was responding I thought, "My work must look really bad. Maybe they are afraid that the truth would kill me." I was expecting lines like:

* Don't quite your day job.

* Stick with the template and leave the custom work to the artist.

* You have no talent so why are you bothering.

* and some other lines that would have been a bit traumatizing.

Good designs huh? I must say I didn't see that one coming. Well, I really did like the last 3 designs, and I bought 2 more theme packs, so I think I will tweak the main idea a little bit and present it to the owner. Thanks for that feedback. If you had not said that, I think I really would have convinced myself that they where that bad, and I would have given up on the whole idea.

12. rgatliff

rgatliff

I was being honest and there is no reason to be rude when you critque someones work. If only I was that lucky in art school! Good luck with your presentation to the client and hopefully you will get good feedback from him to tweek your designs if he sees the need.

Robert Gatliff
    Creative Director
    Mid South Online

13. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Raven don't quite your day job. LOL Just Kidding.

I really only noticed one thing above that I would not do allot of. In your very last logo you word FAST has a glow to it. I am not a fan of the glow. Now that would be decided on a design by design bases.

Everything else you have done looks good. You are learning fast. Keep in mind, in the end it is up to the client. You will be surprised at what they might like. I have seen some people go for some really basic designs. Everyone is different in their taste. So always give the client multiple designs to look at.

I think you have plenty to share with your friend. I think they will be happy.

Good Luck.

14. Ravenkeep

Ravenkeep

The glow was a forced issue. I didn't like that either, but I didn't know how to remove it.

Your right I am getting the hang of it. I really didn't think I could do this at first, but now that I see that I can, I find that it is very addictive. Better than watching TV.

15. Tiger

Tiger

Hope you dont mind me posting a couple of ideas. Just some thoughts while I was at home working so thought I would throw them together.
    [​IMG]
    Feel free to slam it if its rubbish or not heading in the right direction.

16. Ravenkeep

Ravenkeep

Oh, that is cool!! I was wanting to use a tornado, but the one in the elements was too much. The title of the company was just overkill.

I'm working on some ideas to shorten the company title for the logo, and just suggest that the full company title be reserved for the business cards, letter head stationary, etc.

17. Randy...

Randy... Guest

Correct me if I'm wrong Tiger, but it looks like you created your own tornado with an element or two, right? If so, good job, very creative.

18. Chris

Chris Staff Member

Here is a tornado I created in TLC quite a while back. There really is so much you can do with TLC. This is a transparent PNG if you want to use it. Just right click and save as.

I can't attach the TLC file because it is way to BIG..
    [​IMG]

19. Ravenkeep

Ravenkeep

Yeah. I have that one. It is in the Sogold Elements section of the Gallery in TLC. I'm going to try to use it with the new shorter company title idea. Wasn't able use it before because of that long company name.

20. Tiger

Tiger

I just used one of the design elements and copied it numerous times, flipped it 180 also so the element didnt repeat to often and just scaled each one to suit. It was just a quick one that took all of 5 minutes it would be pretty easy to do a nicer one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.