Logo For Photographic Business

Discussion in 'Logo Designs' started by Paul33, Jul 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul33

Paul33

Hi,

Have been running a successful photographic business for six years but looking to kick off a new logo. You can see my current text based logo on my main site at www.nenedigital.co.uk.

Details

Do you own The Logo Creator?
    No

Type of design:
    Logo

Summary:
    General digital photography business

Full requirements:
    Something sharp that suggests reliability, quality, professional ...... not cheesy clip-art based.

Can live with text only (as at present) but can be persuaded on graphics if they fit with the image I want. The "Nene" part of the name comes from the local river. I'm based in Peterborough and I cover the East Midlands and Eastern Counties of the UK.

Company Name:
    Nene Digital Photography

Desired tagline:
    None

Color scheme:
    Happy to be persuaded but still have a bias towards current brand colours of grey (close to: #696868) and blue (close to: #4e9fba).

Desired style:
    Simple, clean, sharp, classy !

Notes to designers:
    Good luck. I'm not a big budget operation but will pay for the right result if anybody hits the spot !

2. awalck

awalck Staff Member

Welcome Paul33,
    Here's one of my ideas to get things started, I'll try to post more this evening. I did a sample with both black and white backgrounds.
    Have a great day!

Attached Files:

3. Paul33

Paul33

That was quick !

Right direction I think but, and I apologise for not making this clear, "Nene Digital" is the company name so needs to have equal prominence ...... it's NENE DIGITAL photography rather than NENE digital photography !

4. awalck

awalck Staff Member

No problem at all. Here's a few more ideas playing with the same basic elements before I go a different direction. The word 'photography' could even be dropped from the logo if you wanted to. I like these fonts for a technology based business, but have many, many more to choose from. If I'm way off base please don't hesitate to tell me. Talk to you soon.

Attached Files:

5. Paul33

Paul33

I like #1 most out of the four (7/10 ?) and #2 least ..... not keen on the large "d". The first one makes me wonder whether there isn't something clever you could do with the ND as a graphic within the logo, almost as something that can break away as a sub-logo in its own right.

6. Nickydude

Nickydude MadLad Designs

Just thought I'd give it a try.

Attached Files:

7. awalck

awalck Staff Member

Thanks for the feedback paul. I will work on the 'clever' part and try to post back today. :)

8. Lamo1graphic

Lamo1graphic

how about this

Attached Files:

9. prototype66

prototype66

Here is something for you concideration.
    [​IMG]

10. Paul33

Paul33

Nickydude - didn't do it for me, I think its the background as much as anything else !

Lamo1graphic - The graphic is actually not bad but I don't like the "DIGITAL" text ...... it looks too weak and spindly (could be the black outline on it). It's also emphasing and isolating the "Nene" again which I'm not over comfortable with as the business name is "Nene Digital".

prototype66 - really don't like the green logo but the lower ND one is quite clever. Some variations on that theme would be good.

11. prototype66

prototype66

Try these paul,I have other font styles as well. let me know which direction we are going.
    [​IMG]

12. Paul33

Paul33

Like the first of these four best ...... plus the one in the earlier post.

13. monyc

monyc

logo Try

Here is my try at it.

Attached Files:

14. awalck

awalck Staff Member

Just a reminder folks:

15. prototype66

prototype66

Here is another one.
    [​IMG]
    Shot at 2007-07-23

16. Paul33

Paul33

I think that particular structure could be where I want to go ...... ie: a graphic with "ND" in on top and the text below but I don't like either the graphic or the text.

I liked the earlier graphic with the ND fully enclosed and I think variations on the first (top left) of the four you did could be good ...... I like the circle unbroken.

The text needs to be sharp, classy, almost corporate in appearance.

17. awalck

awalck Staff Member

I'm still thinkin' circular because of a camera lens, but here's an abstract N & D. Good Luck. I'm on vacation for a few days, but will check back frequently.

Attached Files:

18. gettagrip

gettagrip

Here's one

Thanks!

Attached Files:

19. prototype66

prototype66

LIKE THIS?
    [​IMG]

20. Paul33

Paul33

I think Awalck is getting into the warm zone here ...... I think he has pretty much nailed the font. That's the feel I'm looking for font-wise.

However, the ND is a little too obscure for me ...... I had to struggle to make out the N and D. I prefer prototype66's graphic (but still not the font !) so I think close variations on that graphic, combined with something very similar, if not same as, Awalck's text and we might be there !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.