logo for newspaper ad

Discussion in 'The Logo Creator Gallery' started by blackknight, Aug 30, 2005.

1. blackknight

blackknight

This is my first newspaper ad. It is going in later in the week. Should be interesting. I changed the parties names and info but this is primarily the ad that is going to print. I would appreciate and comments.
    PS. For this ad the printer requested 220 DPI, HIGH QUALITY, and to be sent as a PDF.I did this by first exporting a PDF to my desktop then sending the attachment by e.mail

Attached Files:

2. richard_5001

richard_5001

I really like the look and layout. The name (Johnny Jones) in black seems to get lost in the graphic, though. Will the ad be printed in color or gs?

3. KD-did

KD-did

Looks good greyscaled but you might want to consider either outlining Watkins ir choosing a little lighter color

4. blackknight

blackknight

I actually saw that as well and made a couple of changes. I took the red screen away and just left the faded watch on the side. Now the lettering is much more clear. The ad is going out on Thursday. Can't wait to see my first print project.

5. blackknight

blackknight

Heres the corrected version. The print/ad company has put a border around the whole thing for a better look.

Attached Files:

6. richard_5001

richard_5001

Yeah! Nice! Much clearer. :attention

7. Chris

Chris Staff Member

I like it, and agree very clear.

8. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

Good job BK! good eye on the changes you had to make, i hope you're getting paid for this!
    Keep up the good work mate!
    MD

9. blackknight

blackknight

This one I am not getting paid for but I have worked very hard on this one with the many "roughs" I have made. I was a bit of a perfectionist on this since I changed or "tweaked" it a half dozen more times since posting it here.
    I have no problem creating a logo or thinking of new designs but my problem that was holding me back from advertising was: Now that I have designed the worlds greatest logo, what do I do next? How do I advise a customer on what to do with his logo so that it prints crisply when I don't understand it myself. I think that by plugging along and not giving up I am slowly discovering some answers that are working. I just may make something of this yet. Also I am intergrating TLC with other programs to help out with the process which is working out wonderfully...FINALLY
    And all at a time when time seems to be a premium.
    I wish others the BEST as well! Remember, as Winston Churchill said in his famous speech... NEVER,NEVER,NEVER,GIVE UP :good: