Logo File size

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by tedrin, Sep 29, 2014.

1. tedrin

tedrin

How do you get the exact file size required?....I created a logo that was too big for a newsletter...I had to put the logo into another software program to resize it for various pages like google+,a newsletter and my website...They all were different sizes...Is there an easier way?

How do you get a box an exact size (from the beginning) and then design the logo inside it?
    In other words you start with a rectangle box approx 350x250 and then colorize it...then add letters,then add an image.

It's much easier to work on a logo within a bigger box...I tried and then had trouble reducing the actual box...The background kept moving around inside the triangle shaped 'box".

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  2. KD-did

KD-did

Why not try working with the desired FINISHED size but use the zoom/magnifier technique for your operating system while working on project ?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
    snginc likes this.
  3. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Hey Ted, what you are looking for is right here.
    tlc5.jpg
    Use the 'Format Canvas' button. You have to 'click' on the blank canvas OR use Options/Format Canvas from the top menu. That will get you this next screen.
    tlc6.jpg
    Set your 'Scale' to 100% and use the width/height bars to adjust your canvas size. If you need an 'exact' size you can adjust the numbers instead of using the slider bar. Whatever you set your canvas size to is the size your graphic will export at. Just make sure your graphics don't exceed the limits of your canvas.

If you want to work on a 'close up' or specific area of your logo, you can adjust the 'scale' to get a better view. You cannot adjust the width/height of your canvas unless the scale is set back to 100%.

snginc likes this.
  4. tedrin

tedrin

Great...Thanks!...

Often times I don't know what size will be needed for the various pages I might want to load it to....Do you use another software program to resize the finished product?..or do you go back into the templates and use that editing feature?...Will The canvas size alter the appearance of the interior letters and image if they don't change in size?

5. KD-did

KD-did

pixresizer.jpg
    A great FREE program for resizing on a PC... that will also allow file type changes is PIXresizer

6. tedrin

tedrin

Thanks,I'll have to try it out...I've been using snagit.

7. KD-did

KD-did

Just resize your export, either pre=sized or custom.

8. tedrin

tedrin

I'm a newbie and need step by step instructions...lol

How exactly?

I imported it into 'Snagit' software and then resized...That's probably too many unnecessary steps for a pro but I'm trying to learn.

At least now I know how to make the canvas a precise size from the onset.

9. KD-did

KD-did

10. tedrin

tedrin

11. KD-did

KD-did

You didn't have to use your name. Go back sign-in with a different user name fill necessary fields send a conversation with that info an we can change it so your real name doesn't show. A re-set of your membership with password Real name can be deleted by Admin.
    http://www.laughingbirdsoftware.com/forum/conversations/add

12. tedrin

tedrin

I tried and there is no way to change name.

13. KD-did

KD-did

Picture 1.png Go to your membership name and there is a place to log out there.

14. tedrin

tedrin

I discovered how to logout...but not how to change forum name.

I have to create new account?

15. KD-did

KD-did

Yes...

16. tedrin

tedrin

I tried and it won't allow my email address because it is "already in use"

I've already requested for admin to change my name to tedrin...Is Marc the only one allowed to do this?

17. gunsmoke

gunsmoke

Sorry I'm late back to the conversation. Ted, if you 're-size' the canvas it will not modify the graphics of your design. They will not re-size unless you change them all individually. Best to use the program KD-did mentioned, or my favorite, Photoscape. Photoscape is from Google ( is free ) and can be found here... http://photoscape.org