Logo Designs

Discussion in 'Logo Designs' started by getitcustom, Mar 12, 2008.

1. getitcustom

getitcustom

Ive been really busy lately. Ill be showing 10 more by tomorrow morning. Ill try to find some links of companies using the logos as I said I would in the previous post. Ill also go into more detail about the logos, why I did certain things for the newbies to give a better understanding.

Biggest Suggestion to those starting off :: Composition. If its not layed out right the whole logo will be off. I see alot of icons, pictures, graphics etc that are "floating in space".

I used Illustrator for these logo designs. I used photoshop for the banner design.

[​IMG]

2. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

Very nice getitcustom!
    would love to hear more about the stories behind (some of) these and how they came to be.
    Obviously there no need for advice here so i'm just gonna point out my personal top 3 favourites in this collection:
    #1. Darkside (2e 1)
    #2. Cinemagic (all black)
    #3. homes arizona.

Thanx for sharing mate.
    MD

3. crux

crux

EXCELLENT LOGOS!!!!

I have a question. Where is everyone getting the royalty free clip art from to use in their logos? I know everyone isn't drawing them freehand........or are you??

-M

4. getitcustom

getitcustom

crux - Those are all freehand or some such as the email logo has the custom shape of an envelope in ps. The camera - the thing under it is part of a custom shape in ps edited into that. Some clients give ideas for example :

[​IMG]

5. Mr Laughingbird

Mr Laughingbird Staff Member

Really nice stuff Getit!
    I like what you did with the client's sketch.

Excellent.

Marc

6. crux

crux

I fully understand, but what about those of us who aren't the best artists? What then?

7. getitcustom

getitcustom

There are a few places out there you can use for clipart etc. Ill look around and see if I can find any links for you. I also have a project im launching here soon that I cant go into full details about but its free & will help out designers and others with graphics & other things that can be used with the logo creator & other software. Ill post a link when its ready as long as the admins dont mind.

8. MasterDesign

MasterDesign

In the mean time you might want to check out this part of the forum
    MD

9. Borpean

Borpean Staff Member

Great stuff Gititcustom... Professional work indeed.

One thing to point out to the novice/beginners is the simplicity of the logos as well as the contrast. Nothing is overbearing or with a ton of effects.

good stuff