Logo Design for Non Profit

Discussion in 'Help wanted with my design' started by Dreamscape, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dreamscape

Dreamscape

Dreamscapes is a non-profit organization focused on making a difference in the lives of children with life threatening illnesses.

Through the generous support of volunteers and sponsors, we are transforming the bedrooms of these special children into magical places of hope.

Now that we have obtained our 501(c) status, we are in desperate need of a logo.

At this time we are unable to pay for a design, however, we would give you full recognition and a link to your site and/or contact information. Your "gift" to the foundation would be sincerely appreciated.

We don't really have any ideas to offer (even for a tagline) but are looking for something fun, clean and crisp. Nothing "too" cute-sy as some of these children are in their teens. The chosen logo will be used on our site as well as all print material. We are open to any and all suggestions at this point.

Thank you in advance for your consideration. Happy new year and God bless!

[COLOR=black]Tracy
    Executive Director
    Dreamscapes[/COLOR]

2. Doc

Doc Staff Member

A couple of ideas to kick things off....

Attached Files:

• ds1.jpg
      ds1.jpg
      File size:
      8.7 KB
      Views:
    • ds2.jpg
      ds2.jpg
      File size:
      8.2 KB
      Views:
    • ds3.jpg
      ds3.jpg
      File size:
      8.8 KB
      Views:
  3. KD-did

KD-did

My concepts

4. starbase1j

starbase1j

Hope this one works for you

Attached Files:

5. Chris

Chris Staff Member

I couldn't think of a tag line, but here is my idea for a logo.

Attached Files:

6. Dreamscape

Dreamscape

I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for their contributions.

The idea behind Dreamscapes is to create "magical places of hope" or "special spaces" for these children. Whether it be their bedroom, a playroom, a backyard playground or even a family room for the whole family to enjoy with their child. We will interview the child to find his/her likes and what's important to them. This will help determine where the special space will be.

I hope this information will assist you in your design ideas.

From what has been presented here thus far, we like the font of #4 and "the magic of" in #1. Perhaps we could use something along the lines of "magical places" or "special spaces" in a tag line?

We look forward to your creations.

Sincerely,
    Tracy
    Executive Director
    Dreamscapes

7. Chris

Chris Staff Member

One more attempt by me.

Attached Files:

8. starbase1j

starbase1j

I like number 4's font also

Attached Files:

9. Doc

Doc Staff Member

A few more variations

Attached Files:

• ds5.jpg
      ds5.jpg
      File size:
      5.3 KB
      Views:
    • ds6.jpg
      ds6.jpg
      File size:
      5.3 KB
      Views:
    • ds7.jpg
      ds7.jpg
      File size:
      5.1 KB
      Views:
    • ds8.jpg
      ds8.jpg
      File size:
      5.3 KB
      Views:
  10. KD-did

KD-did

Simple concept rough out. Fonts and colors can be changed easily.

11. Just Bill

Just Bill

KD; We think alike on some level.(the lamp)

I'm not an artist but by finding and borrowing ideas and images I've come up with this.The image is a freebie from http://karenswhimsy.com/public-domain-images/

Terms of Use

All photos, images, and original art on this website are the products of Karen's Whimsy and are protected by United States copyright law regarding compilations and derivations. When you purchase digital images or if you download free digital images from this website, you are granted permission to incorporate the image in artworks for sale or personal use and you agree to the following terms:

You may: Use the images in traditional and digital mixed-media to reproduce, display and sell your artworks by any means.

You may: Use the images multiple times without having to pay a royalty.

You may not: Redistribute the images in whole or as part of another design resource. This includes, but is not limited to, patterns, CD's, collage sheets, rubber stamps, web templates, and themes.

Bottom Line: Do not take advantage of the hard work, time, and money I have invested in order to provide these images for people online by stealing the images and giving them away or selling them elsewhere. If you want to use the images without the minimal and fair restrictions outined above, then buy the original source material yourself and do what you want with the images located therein.

Attached Files:

12. KD-did

KD-did

Last one for this concept

13. KD-did

KD-did

This design is being submitted on behalf of OldenGray...

14. OldenGray

OldenGray

I'd like to thank KD-Did for publishing my logo for DreamScapes. I spent a frustrating hour trying to get it uploaded to the forum. It seems that there might be some problem with the forum and I don't know if anyone other than JustBill has experienced any difficulty. While I can log on, any attempt to do anything results in being de-logged (if that's a word). Right now, I'm here... but for how long? Hopefully the big boss will crack the hood and peek into the innards and tweak something to get the bugs out.

In the meantime, I submit my design through our wonderful admin, KD-Did (posted in the previous) for your perusal and that of the DreamScapes people.

Best to all,
    OG

15. monyc

monyc

Hello, I hope you do find the logo your looking for... I have given the logo idea a try...Here you go...

Attached Files:

16. Just Bill

Just Bill

This one appears to have died on the vine.

17. Topcatz

Topcatz Guest

Is it dead?
    We should (admins) have a way of tracking and closing..They have an e mail address!!!
    Anybody else have suggestions?
    TCz

18. KD-did

KD-did

It has been a little difficult to figure how long we should allow a request to remain open especially this past couple of weeks... Sometimes there are several request going at the same time and sometimes there are none.Originally staff thought 1 month would be a reasonable amount of time to leave request open because it would the new kids on the block a chance to practice and offer their concepts.

19. OldenGray

OldenGray

I think establishing a time limit for design requests would be in order. Also, periodically send a "gentle" reminder that there are designs on the table awaiting some input. It's rude to enter a request and have designers spend their time putting something together only to have the requestee forget that he asked for designs.

20. KD-did

KD-did

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.